Facebook Integration -- Auto Like?

JediSange

Hey,

I'm currently debating using XenForo for an upcoming project of mine and am trying to understand all the details of it before jumping right in. Mind you, the licensing is not expensive and for the quality of software it appears to be, it is very affordable.

That being said, I'm curious about the Facebook integration. The particular project I will be working on already has a fairly large community with Facebook so it makes sense to bake that integration in from the start. The thing I was curious about, is there a way to automatically have users who use Facebook to auth their forum accounts like the community page? If so, is that a functionality XenForo has prewritten or would I have to go about writing that on my own?

Thank you.

Firstly, I think there's terms in the Facebook license agreement that warns against either forcing user's to like a page or automatically processing a like on their behalf, i.e. without their interaction (though, arguably, what better interaction than Facebook Connect...)...

But, the answer isn't XenForo or any other software. You can basically do whatever the Facebook API allows you to do. If the Facebook API supports it, you will be able to do it, but the functionality isn't built in.

So short version: It isn't included by default. If the API allows it, you can add it. But that would require custom coding.

Roger that. I'm fairly certain that the Facebook API does have the ability to do that. You have to tell the user in the permission request, obviously... but it does have that option, afaik.

And adding in permissions is fairly trivial anyways. I was just curious. Thanks for the fast response.

No problem (y)

I keep doing this... :whistle:

<shameless plug> You may also want to check out my add-on, Social Status Updater. XenForo has a status update feature. My Social Status Updater allows your users to link their XenForo accounts to their Facebook and/or Twitter accounts so that when they update their XenForo status it is automatically posted to Facebook or Twitter. </shameless plug>

Top Bottom