XF 1.5 Facebook Fails to Draw Images from Xenforo Posts

nassella

I post blogs and resources to Facebook. It's a very important medium for me to build traffic to the Forums When I post something from the Forums though, it doesn't provide an image from the post such as Wordpress infallibly does. Instead it again and again posts a Xenforo logo.

I remove which leaves my Facebook posts from the Forums looking amateurish. I probably wouldn't read a FB post that a user can't even get an image on.

How can I get Facebook to pick up images from Forum posts?

Thanks. That's a lot better than the Xenforo logo - but is there no way for Facebook to pick up the featured image from each post? It picks up the images from Wordpress posts - that provides variety and visual stimulation.

That would be much be better than plastering the same image over and over again on Facebook posts.

???

Thanks. That's a lot better than the Xenforo logo - but is there no way for Facebook to pick up the featured image from each post? It picks up the images from Wordpress posts - that provides variety and visual stimulation.

That would be much be better than plastering the same image over and over again on Facebook posts.

???
There may be an add-on that will attach either the avatar of the poster or the 1st image of an image attachment. I honestly don't do much FB stuff so not sure but you can do a search in the resource manager.

https://xenforo.com/community/threads/open-graph-image-first-post-attachment-or-image-link.108408/
Other than that, it may take custom development.

Top Bottom