1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.5 Facebook Fails to Draw Images from Xenforo Posts

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by nassella, May 8, 2016.

1. nassella

nassella Active Member

I post blogs and resources to Facebook. It's a very important medium for me to build traffic to the Forums When I post something from the Forums though, it doesn't provide an image from the post such as Wordpress infallibly does. Instead it again and again posts a Xenforo logo.

I remove which leaves my Facebook posts from the Forums looking amateurish. I probably wouldn't read a FB post that a user can't even get an image on.

How can I get Facebook to pick up images from Forum posts?
  2. DieselMinded

DieselMinded Active Member

not to be silly but what if you started your thread with your logo.og image or use the logo.og as your avatar
  3. nassella

nassella Active Member

Thanks but I'm afraid I'm a little clueless here. I put images in the thread - are you suggesting that I put my avatar in the body of the thread in hopes that Facebook might pick it up?

4. nassella

nassella Active Member

Anybody else? I would love to get this fixed.
  5. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

6. nassella

nassella Active Member

Thanks. That's a lot better than the Xenforo logo - but is there no way for Facebook to pick up the featured image from each post? It picks up the images from Wordpress posts - that provides variety and visual stimulation.

That would be much be better than plastering the same image over and over again on Facebook posts.

7. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

There may be an add-on that will attach either the avatar of the poster or the 1st image of an image attachment. I honestly don't do much FB stuff so not sure but you can do a search in the resource manager.

Other than that, it may take custom development.