1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Embedding images from XenForo

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Garamond, Apr 8, 2011.

1. Garamond

Garamond Well-Known Member

Maybe it's just me doing the wrong things here, but I can't get the image embedding from an XF forum working.

When right-clicking an embedded image in an XF forum and copied for implementing in another forum, it's just not working. And looking at the copied code, it's no surprise either.

How should this be done?

2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It works fine for me.

What is the copied code you speak of? Make sure you are copying the image location (http://...). Most browsers have an option to copy the image location when you right click on an image. I am using Firefox which has that option.

3. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

4. Digital Doctor

Digital Doctor Well-Known Member

copying.image.URLs.to.post.elsewhere.jpg

The image below was inserted from the URL of the image in the previous post !

[​IMG]

5. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If that forum has full size image viewing restricted for guests, then that is why the embedded images won't work on another forum.

The image directory is php protected.

6. Garamond

I do exactly as mentioned here, and the "other forum" is a standard vBulletin 3.8.5 installation. I'm at loss of what I'm doing wrong here :(

7. Brogan

Can you post the URL to one such image you are trying to embed?

8. Garamond

It can be any picture, but let's take the XenForo-picture embedded by Digital Doctor.

The copied code is:
    HTML:
    http://xenforo.com/community/attachments/xenforo1-of-3-gif.13603/?embedded=1
    As far as I know it's correct - but it refuses to show up when embedding in other forums. I've tried both vBulletin 3.x and 4.1.2.

9. Garamond

Why is it successfully embedded here then, and not in vBulletin?

[​IMG]

10. Brogan

Hotlinking is prevented from XenForo.com, as far as I am aware.

Try it from your own site to here and it should work, assuming you don't have hotlinking enabled and allow guests to view attachments.

11. Garamond

Ahh... now I understand :)