Extended Two Factor

Extended Two Factor [Paid] 1.1.2

No permission to buy (£15.00)

nanocode

nanocode submitted a new resource:

Extended Two Factor - Account security is essential. Provide your users with choice and increase account security.

Account security is essential. Provide your users with choice and increase account security.

Extended Two Factor by nanocode aims to add more 2FA methods that are more secure and convenient for your users.

Current supported 2FA methods:
  • Security Key (Fido U2F), adding support for YubiKey as well as other U2F security key devices
Planned 2FA methods:
  • SMS 2FA (via Twilio)
Purchasing
This add-on can be purchased by the automatic system...

Read more about this resource...

nanocode updated Extended Two Factor with a new update entry:

v1.1.0 update (SMS 2FA + toggle 2FA methods)

Extended Two Factor v1.1.0 mainly adds two new features that you will hopefully love:
  • SMS 2FA method (via Twilio). Allow your users to use their mobile phone as a 2FA device*.
  • Enable/disable 2FA providers, giving you (the administrator) control over what 2FA methods can be used by your users. Disable 2FA methods you find insecure or do not wish to offer.
* Please note that Twilio SMS charges will apply. See: https://www.twilio.com/sms/pricing

Read the rest of this update entry...

Re. Support and updates period

We currently include 12 months complimentary support and updates with all license purchases. As of 1 May 2019, this will change to a 6 month period. As usual, it will be possible to renew licenses to extend the support and updates period.

Customers who have purchased licenses already, or purchase before 1 May 2019, will still have the standard 12 month support and updates period.

Wenn in dem Tempo der Support geleistet wird, wie bei mir, könnt ihr auch 24 Monat Lizenzen vergeben. Wird ja eh nichts gemacht. Hätte ich das geahnt, hätte ich die Finger davon gelassen.

If support is provided at the same rate as mine, you can also grant licenses for 24 months. Nothing is done anyway. If I had known that, I would have kept my fingers off it.

Wenn in dem Tempo der Support geleistet wird, wie bei mir, könnt ihr auch 24 Monat Lizenzen vergeben. Wird ja eh nichts gemacht. Hätte ich das geahnt, hätte ich die Finger davon gelassen.

If support is provided at the same rate as mine, you can also grant licenses for 24 months. Nothing is done anyway. If I had known that, I would have kept my fingers off it.
Hi,

We’re sorry if the support wasn’t satisfactory. We receive a large amount of tickets and the majority are answered quickly and thoroughly. Rarely things can take a bit longer to resolve and this is just a consequence of the nature of certain issues and our schedule at a given time.

Do you have a ticket number? We only have one or two outstanding tickets if I remember correctly. They’re rather niche issues so we haven’t been able to properly investigate and resolve them yet, but the tickets remain open and we are looking into them. We do not close unresolved tickets.

Antrag 66977 gemeldet am 5.4.19
Erste Reaktion 9.4.19
Letzte Reaktion 9.4.19

Keinen Pieps hab ihr gemacht, trotz Nachfrage, bis ich bei Paypal einen Hinweis gemacht habe. Wir haben heute den 12.5.19.
Ich bin echt stinksauer jetzt.

Attachments

• Suchergebnisse_-_forennews_gmail_com_-_Gmail.webp
    Suchergebnisse_-_forennews_gmail_com_-_Gmail.webp
    20.3 KB · Views: 5
Antrag 66977 gemeldet am 5.4.19
Erste Reaktion 9.4.19
Letzte Reaktion 9.4.19

Keinen Pieps hab ihr gemacht, trotz Nachfrage, bis ich bei Paypal einen Hinweis gemacht habe. Wir haben heute den 12.5.19.
Ich bin echt stinksauer jetzt.
In GMT time, this was ticket was made on 5.4.19 and we responded 30 minutes later on the same day to let you know we were looking into the issue. 4 days later we responded with an update requesting further information. You did provide us the information requested, which is greatly appreciated, and your own last response on the ticket was on 13.4.19.

I can appreciate it is frustrating not to have the issue resolved by now. I'll follow this up with you in the ticket in a few moments.

I just bought and installed this. I would like to use it with a yubikey. Under Setup --> Service Providers Two-Step verification I can see "Security Key (U2F, Yubikey)" under the inactive providers. How can I activate it?

I just bought and installed this. I would like to use it with a yubikey. Under Setup --> Service Providers Two-Step verification I can see "Security Key (U2F, Yubikey)" under the inactive providers. How can I activate it?
On the tfa-providers ("Service Providers" -> "2FA Providers") page you should see a toggle to enable/disable TFA methods.

1.1.2 update

This add-on version includes some bug fixes and makes some other code changes:
  • Fix bug where inactive providers not shown on 2FA page in some cases.
  • Better support for certain edge cases where security key authentication did not work as smoothly.
  • Code packaging and namespace changes.
  • Code cleanups and updated URLs.
  • Move to using XF2's new composer support, rather than custom solution.

Hi, will this support the addition of multiple keys per-account? I'd like to have a regularly-used key and a backup one stored in a secure location.

Hi, attempting to sign in to buy results in this error:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
THis is both on signing in and signing up.

Edit: nevermind, this only happens with the brave browser.

Last edited:
Hi, will this support the addition of multiple keys per-account? I'd like to have a regularly-used key and a backup one stored in a secure location.
I don't think multiple keys are possible. This add-on just adds the code for use as a 2FA provider in XF's 2FA feature. If I remember correctly, XF's 2FA feature doesn't allow for multiple 2FA methods of the same provider (for example, I don't think you can have multiple 'verification code via app's setup on your account simultaneously).

I don't think multiple keys are possible. This add-on just adds the code for use as a 2FA provider in XF's 2FA feature. If I remember correctly, XF's 2FA feature doesn't allow for multiple 2FA methods of the same provider (for example, I don't think you can have multiple 'verification code via app's setup on your account simultaneously).
Thanks, that's too bad.

Top Bottom