XF 2.0 Export style

Donske

I am almost finished with creating my own theme using the default to make the changes. Now that I have made all the changes I want, I need to save this as a new "Style".
So the Title and Description is self explanatory, but I am not sure If I am supposed to choose "No Parent" or "Default Style" ?

I guess my purpose is to be able to turn one Style off and the other on ?? Coming from another forum (like phpbb), the parent theme has to be there all the time. So, it would be nice for a little explanation if someone does't mind. I would appreciate it. Even though I have created a style, I have not save it yet as a new style. So, I only have "Default Style" and I would like to add a Style named "SOS".

Next, I think it is a great idea to be able to export my Style and this is a little confusing too. I have not done any export yet, and since I only have "Default Style", it does have all my changes so, I need to export that soon. This is what I have:
Export style: Default style
Export from add-on (ALL) or xenforo
Export as independent style
The part that I do not get is the ALL or xenforo and also as "independent style"

Seems like all these variables from Creating a New style to exporting should be planned out correctly as I do not want to loose all of my work accidentally.

Thanks
Donnie

Parent styles should only be used if you want to trickle settings down to child styles. In your case saving your style it should be: No parent.

Down the road... if you wanted to create a second style where you just change a new color, you'd create a new style with your current main style as the parent. All changes from your main style will go down to the child style, of course for whatever you change in the child style like that color.

Exporting, leave it on ALL, and do not check that box.

Top Bottom