Fixed Exported 2.3.0 style imports as a default style

Mr Lucky

Affected version
2.3.0. beta2
I have exported a (parent) style as XML. After importing it appears to just be a default style :(

I also get a nag when importing about variations (This was a a style with variations unticked) . If I dismiss the nag then the style imparts but (as above) it's not the style I exported it's just a default style when I look at style properties. However the XML file does appear to contain some elements of the style I exported. (style attached)Screenshot 2024-03-28 at 14.15.54.webp

Attachments

Tested in beta 4.

This bug seems to only apply to styles originally created in 2.2 Or earlier.

If I create a (default) style in 2.3.0 then customise it and export, then it imports fine.

But any style originally created in < 2.3.0. will not import properly.

Tested in beta 4.

This bug seems to only apply to styles originally created in 2.2 Or earlier.

If I create a (default) style in 2.3.0 then customise it and export, then it imports fine.

But any style originally created in < 2.3.0. will not import properly.
I will add that I am running 2.3.0 Beta 4 and exporting a style from that server that was originally created in 2.2.X and importing into 2.3.0 Beta 4 has the same problem.

Hoping this gets acknowledged as a bug. I actually can't export a style from a test XF 2.3.0 Beta 4 install to a pod XF 2.3.0 Beta 4 install.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.3.0 Beta 5).

Change log:
Fix an issue importing style property variations attribute from style XML files
There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.

Thank you for reporting this issue, it has now been resolved. We are aiming to include any changes that have been made in a future XF release (2.3.0 Beta 5).

Change log:

There may be a delay before changes are rolled out to the XenForo Community.
Thank you XF Bug Bot!

Top Bottom