XF 1.4 Exif data behind image

snoopy5

Hi

I am using Xenforo 1.44. When a user s uploading or embedding an image in a posting, the exif data are hidden behind the image if I hover with my mouse over it. Tested with firefox and IE (always newest versions)

What could be the reason for this?

exif_behind_image.webp

P.S.: I also disabled all addons in config.php, but no improvement with this

Last edited:
Could that be embedded media via a BB code media site? Looks to me like it's embedded from Flickr (based on the text).

If that's the case, we don't have a Flickr BB code in XenForo so you would need to seek assistance from the author of that.

Could that be embedded media via a BB code media site? Looks to me like it's embedded from Flickr (based on the text).

If that's the case, we don't have a Flickr BB code in XenForo so you would need to seek assistance from the author of that.

Yes, the screenshot is a flickr image embedded. But same is happenig if an image is uploaded directly on our server...

exif_behind_image_own_server.webp

by the way... what would be the best way to embed Flickr images so they show up in a posting without any addon? Is that at all possible? If not, which addon would you recommend for Flickr?
You'd have to get your users to navigate to the image on Flickr that they want to post and copy that URL. So for example, the image here:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/playstationblogeurope/16294950728

you'd have to then click on the "Share this photo" arrow at the bottom right of the image, then click on BBCode, then click on the size you want and then copy the BBCode that is given.

That's a little too much for many members to cope with!

An easier solution would be to use this add-on which supports Flickr and many other BB Code media sites.

https://xenforo.com/community/resources/s9e-media-bbcodes-pack.2476/

Well the image appears to be a link. You mention EXIF data, but I'm not sure what you're referring to there. It just looks like what happens when you hover over a link in a message (hover over the links in my signature). It's just slightly different because it's an image.

Well the image appears to be a link. You mention EXIF data, but I'm not sure what you're referring to there. It just looks like what happens when you hover over a link in a message (hover over the links in my signature). It's just slightly different because it's an image.

Well Exif data are data that are recorde by the camera while taking a picture like shutterspeed, aperture, camera model etc. See here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exchangeable_image_file_format

I thought that xenfore by default would display these information while going with the mouse over the image. The abaility to display the Exif information is crucial for websites which deal with photos.

But is not every image within xenfore with a link? There is this lightbox functionality and as soon as you click to enlarge the lightbox image, it opens a link as far as I know. But this is xenfore core, isn't it? (same behaviour in the ressource manager with all addons here at XF)

If you look at the url it sais first: mydomain/threads/test2.11173/

If I click once on that image, it shows the lightbox. If I click the on the upper right hand corner on the arrow, it shows the full image without lightbox effect in a new window and the url changes to: mydomain/attachments/chrysanthemum-jpg.5660/

I disabled all addons when I tested this so it can not be an addon.

testimage:

20140420_Langer Erlen_DSC_2211_057.webp

Last edited:
I can not test it here, because you seem not to have set thumbnail restrictions, i.e 800 Pixel on the longest side for uploaded images.

And it seems that xemforo is not able to keep the Exif Data of the image, which is a nightmare for a photo site :(

I'm aware of what EXIF data is. I just meant that XF makes no attempt to display it anywhere in the core forum software. The media gallery does have support for extracting it.

Because you don't display attachments to guests, I'm not able to verify what specifically is happening. However, the lightbox generally only comes up with a thumbnail. I've reattached your image like that here:

20140420_Langer Erlen_DSC_2211_057.webp

You should see the "glow" when hovering. That's just how a link is highlighted. Nothing to do with EXIF data whatsoever.

Top Bottom