Event tickets add-on?

JanHoos

Hi guys and galls!

I'm coming from a Wordpress/Vanilla website that shared community features like a forum, private messaging and showing what attends you attend. We also occasionally hosted our own events and sold tickets through our events plugin.

For a few weeks I've googled and checked out the Xenforo Add-on directory, but couldnt find a add-on that does the following:

• Lets admins and users submit events
  • Event location
  • available spots
  • price,
  • attendees
  • text area
  • Invite users
I'd really love to keep this functionality on Xenforo as I removed the log-in screen from Wordpress entirely. The events would be the only reason to have a log-in area on that site so thats the reason I want to keep that on Xenforo.

Can anyone of the Xenforo vets help me out?

Quite a few people need an events addon. Its something that always comes up when admins list what they need most.
FS Events has some of what you need, but it seems dead in the water I am afraid.
There is no addon to sell tickets.

Hi @Alfa1

Thanks! Maybe we can get a few admins together, pool some money and let someone build the add-on we need ^_^
You should wait for XenForo 2. It's meant to come out later in 2016, but either way it's not far away and won't be worth to continue developing for XenForo 1.

You should wait for XenForo 2. It's meant to come out later in 2016, but either way it's not far away and won't be worth to continue developing for XenForo 1.
A demo installation is due out this autumn for the devs to gather feedback. Waiting on XF 2.0 to be a stable release could be months away and even then most of the add-on developers will be tied down updating their current add-ons for XF 2.0.

I certainly dont expect to be able to use XF2 within a year. Addons will need to be updated.

XenAtendo 2 doesn't have a ticket sale and no invite users feature.

XF ticket sale with payment processing (xf 2.0 will have generic payment framework) together with a QR Code to scan and validate print@home tickets at the event location entry would be very nice. There exists a product/shop sale addon and another, but no QR Code. This would be the easier part I think to add to existing addons. In example for WordPress there exists also event ticket sale plugins with QR Code.

A demo installation is due out this autumn for the devs to gather feedback. Waiting on XF 2.0 to be a stable release could be months away and even then most of the add-on developers will be tied down updating their current add-ons for XF 2.0.
Some people like ForumCube exclusively do custom add-on development and have enough man power to still offer a service, as far as I know. But that's just me, I'd personally wait. Doesn't make sense to have to pay again to get it for a 2.0 version that is hopefully around the corner, even if it's early 2017.

Some people like ForumCube exclusively do custom add-on development and have enough man power to still offer a service, as far as I know. But that's just me, I'd personally wait. Doesn't make sense to have to pay again to get it for a 2.0 version that is hopefully around the corner, even if it's early 2017.

This seems a bit short sighted to me. Not everyone is going to upgrade to 2.0 as soon as it is out, and some may not upgrade for years, or may never.

Even if 60% of the user base upgrades within a year of 2.0 going gold, that still leaves 40% of the user base on 1.x, whisk significantly reduces your potential customer pool.

Wauw! I'm sorry guys, I didn't get any e-mail notifications from the replies in this thread.

Thanks for all the help and information. I'll check out your suggestions for sure!

What you want to achieve can be done indirectly via a forms addon (Snog's or the open source one of Xon/Liquid Pro).

So you make people fill out a form and it will be submitted to a forum. In your form you can ask for whatever you want. The only missing thing would be an invitation to users, but for that you could just use user taggin via @ symbol or look out for the 2 invite addons listed in the RM (I don't know what they can do, maybe they could do what you are looking for).

Hmmmm! The form add-on could be a good one! The RM will be put on my want list in the future. I've got some other expenses I need to make first ;)

Top Bottom