1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Sort my "Featured Events" opposite of how they appear. -DONE

Discussion in 'Custom Service/Development Requests' started by Sheldon, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Sheldon

Sheldon Well-Known Member

Hello...

Looking for someone to with the ability to code and change the display of my Featured Events.

Currently, as you feature them, the first one you feature ends up being last. Every event I add is going to be featured, so I need them to be sorted to display Earliest to Latest, not Latest to Earliest as it currently is.

Featured Events | The Tattoo HQ

That is the link, as you see, Page 2 has the ones I featured first (which are the ones actually upcoming). Feel free to contact with information / access you need.

This is a first finished / working job.

2. James

James Well-Known Member

Is it an existing add-on or one custom to your site?

Chances are it might be a simple code edit to change the display order.

3. Sheldon

It's an add-on sold here.

I'm trying to read though StackOverflow to see how to easily do it, this part of code is beyond me. hah.

4. James

James Well-Known Member

have you asked @Jeremy if he plans to include display option changing? Might be a nice addition to the add-on.

Generally speaking you'll want to look at the part that retrieves the events from the database. Check the ControllerPublic.

(bear in mind I have no access to the add-on files so could be way off)

5. SneakyDave

SneakyDave Well-Known Member

Maybe look in the models for the add-on for an ORDER BY in a SELECT, or you might have to add one if it doesn't exist.

6. Sheldon

Well, figured out how to change the order for the thread listing, on "Your Events" page, with the info from @James .... Couldn't find anything for the "Featured Page" though.

Uhhh. o_O:confused:

Beyond me. hahahaha.

7. Sheldon

Ok, figured out one part i needed, the Featured Events above the calendar.

They are sorted from soonest to latest.

Now to figure out how to apply it to the full page look.

Appreciate the info and suggestions thus far @James and @SneakyDave

8. Sheldon

Job done.

9. Sheldon

Exactly that!

Thanks for your help. I'll gladly pay up, at least something for your help. Shoot me a PM, we can get it taken care of.

James and SneakyDave like this.