Event Calendar

I would love to see this implemented, for my boards a calendar system is a nice way for us to organize events/meetings ect...Any plans to add this on 1.2?

Support the idea of having an event calendar built into the core of xenforo.

I'd like to see it could also take advantage of xenforo's powerful permissions system and be able to handle usergroups -each user could see both the public events as well as his/her own usergroups' events. Say if your primary group is Registered and secondary group is Group A, then the permissions could be set so that you can see all the events accessable to registered users AND the events which are only accessable to members of Group A; members whose secondary groups does not include Group A would not be able to access Group A's events at all.

+1 from me. Need a calendar so badly we resorted to using google calendar, but having a calendar outside of the forum is clumsy at best, and some users just don't get the google calendar.

+1 from me. Need a calendar so badly we resorted to using google calendar, but having a calendar outside of the forum is clumsy at best, and some users just don't get the google calendar.

If you dont like the first post, your vote wont count.

The calendar needs to be integrated with threads, post, pm, etc. with notification. If a calendar is implemented, I could see possiblities for Add-ons being developed.

Oddly, none of these resources allows one to do something as simple as add an event to the calendar manually, without attaching the event to a thread. I've built two (vbulletin) communities in which a tie-in to the built-in calendar system was absolutely critical. I'm not sure why a calendar system is not given a higher priority in xenforo (so far). It would seem to be an obvious feature needed by communities in order to plan social events, post reminders, etc. A calendar that can take full advantage of xenforo's notifications system would seem logical.

Top Bottom