1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error when trying to import vBulletin

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by fredrikse, Jun 3, 2012.

1. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

I'm trying to perform a test import of my current vBulletin DB. Unfortunately I get som errors that I haven't seen before:

Server Error
    Mysqli statement execute error : Duplicate entry '5' for key 'PRIMARY'
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
    Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 574
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1591
    XenForo_DataWriter->_insert() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1580
    XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1381
    XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 580
    XenForo_Model_Import->_importData() in XenForo/Model/Import.php at line 618
    XenForo_Model_Import->importUserGroup() in XenForo/Importer/vBulletin.php at line 335
    XenForo_Importer_vBulletin->stepUserGroups() in XenForo/Importer/Abstract.php at line 77
    XenForo_Importer_Abstract->runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 180
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_runStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 232
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->_startStep() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Import.php at line 175
    XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Import->actionStartStep() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
    XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in xxx/public_html/community/admin.php at line 13
    I didn't experience these problems when I did test imports on my local machine running MAMP.

Any ideas what could be wrong?
  2. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Short update. The errors turned up when I tried to import the user groups. I skipped that one and went ahead with the custom user field. That worked well without any errors showing up.
  3. fredrikse

fredrikse Active Member

Thanks to this thread I solved the import problem. I just remembered that I created a few user groups of my own in the initial installation and configuration process. That's why the importer gave me the finger :D Now the custom user groups and the rest of the data from vBulletin are imported correctly!
    Jake Bunce and CyclingTribe like this.