1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Error when install add-on

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by mcatze, May 29, 2016.

1. mcatze

mcatze Well-Known Member

Hi there,

i don't know if it is an bug or not.

I have a local installation on a home server. When i try to install a new add-on i get this screen directly after clicking the button.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-05-29 um 14.38.44.png

But the installation is ok and i have no entries in the logs. It seems something is too fast for this installation. Can anybody explain these for me?
  2. Andrej

Andrej Well-Known Member

Have you read the actual text of the message you have screenshoted? Or you saw the big bold "Error" and forgot everything in panic? :D

Because it says loud and clear: "The specified add-on is already installed". If it is already installed, there is nothing to install. You probably have installed it already sometime ago.

Are you looking to upgrade your add-on? Again the message is clear, use the upgrade page. You go to ACP - List Add-ons - [Click the Add-on name in question] - Upgrade.
  3. mcatze

mcatze Well-Known Member

@Andrej Its even not so clear. I said a "new" add-on installation. I know the difference between install & upgrade .. ;)

The error is on every new add-on installation. It is a new xenforo installation on a local server.