• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.1 Error when deinstalling

Garamond

Trying to deinstall several add-ons - but keep getting this:

Code:
Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 510
XenForo_Model_Template->deleteTemplatesForAddOn() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 441
XenForo_Model_AddOn->deleteAddOnMasterData() in TMS/Model/AddOn.php at line 46
TMS_Model_AddOn->deleteAddOnMasterData() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 197
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /var/www/admin.php at line 13
Any ideas?

Mike

XenForo developer
Staff member
You haven't shown the actual error message (displayed at the top). I do see an add-on involved though.

Garamond

Sorry, this is the complete error message:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model/DataRegistry.php at line 164
XenForo_Model_DataRegistry->set() in XenForo/Model/CodeEvent.php at line 417
XenForo_Model_CodeEvent->rebuildEventListenerCache() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 479
XenForo_Model_AddOn->rebuildAddOnCachesAfterActiveSwitch() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 162
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postSave() in TMS/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 16
TMS_DataWriter_AddOn->_postSave() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1385
XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 240
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->_switchAddOnActiveStateAndGetResponse() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 273
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDisable() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310

Garamond

Updated error message:

Code:
Mysqli statement execute error : Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction

Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 510
XenForo_Model_Template->deleteTemplatesForAddOn() in XenForo/Model/AddOn.php at line 441
XenForo_Model_AddOn->deleteAddOnMasterData() in XenForo/DataWriter/AddOn.php at line 197
XenForo_DataWriter_AddOn->_postDelete() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1738
XenForo_DataWriter->delete() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/AddOn.php at line 116
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_AddOn->actionDelete() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 310

Garamond

I dropped uninstalling some of the add-ons and went straight to upgrading the forum from 1.1.4 to 1.3.1 - but it stalls completely at 1.2.0 Alpha step 2.

Seems to me I need some serious first aid help here ... anyone up for the task? I'll pay for the service!

Tracy Perry

Did you by chance back your DB up before upgrading (hope you did as it is the safe practice). Are you sure that all your add-ons were the most current for the version of XenForo you were actively on? That error at first looks like a TMS error. Also, the lock wait timeout appears to be a server problem (overloading it?). Be sure you disable your board whenever you are doing a major process like this also.

Garamond

I was not able to do a DB backup since it doesn't allow me to connect to the DB from an external app. Not all add-ons were upgraded, but I was unable to deactivate them (hence the first posts in this thread). I disabled my board before deactivating the add-ons and upgrading the board.

Tracy Perry

It's usually a good idea to upgrade to the latest supported (for your forum version) of the add-on just in case there was a problem (and I have seen a few that had uninstall problems that were fixed in updates). Is this a shared host or vps?
And if shared hosing, then you should have had access to phpMyAdmin that would have allowed you to do a somewhat reliable backup (as long as the forum was not real large).

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
As you are going from 1.1 to 1.3, this is a big upgrade.

There are two resources which cover upgrading to 1.2 and 1.3:

http://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-upgrade-to-xenforo-1-2.2397/
http://xenforo.com/community/resources/how-to-upgrade-to-xenforo-1-3.2810/

How large is your forum?
Did you encounter the message to upgrade via CLI?

I dropped uninstalling some of the add-ons and went straight to upgrading the forum from 1.1.4 to 1.3.1 - but it stalls completely at 1.2.0 Alpha step 2.
This would suggest it hung up on step 3, which actually isn't a big step, although it does deal with the schema changes for the template modification feature.

Garamond

Thanks for the reply, Brogan :)

The forum have close to 300,000 posts and 11,000 images in the gallery. I had no messages about CLI during upgrading.

Is there any way of 'deconstructing' this upgrade failure or are we forced to do a complete backup recovery?

Brogan

XenForo moderator
Staff member
There's no way of easily reverting the changes already made to the database.

What happens if you disable all listeners in config.php and attempt to continue the upgrade?

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
You know that Brogan recommended a couple of guides that might help?
You should read them. They're relevant:
The 1.2 Guide said:
Template Modification System (TMS)
Before upgrading, disable the add-on
If you have already upgraded and not done the above, disable all listeners via /library/config.php to access the ACP:
PHP:
PHP:
$config['enableListeners'] = false;
Then disable the add-on and remove the line above from /library/config.php.

Garamond

After reuploading the install files I managed to get the upgrade going :) now I'm upgrading all the rest of the add-ons. Thanks for the replies, guys :)

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
It seems you have an add-on that goes by the name of Postit.

Disable that. If you can't see an add-on by that name, disable all add-ons and try again. Then reenable them systematically to ascertain which one is faulty.