XF 1.5 Error trying to reduce minimum character count for search

RobinHood

I've asked my host to edit ft_min_word_len in the mysql configuration to 2.

I then restarted the mysql server

Edited the min character count in the ACP search options.

Then I tried to rebuild the search index using using Rebuild Search Index in the XF ACP, but I get this error:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './evolve_xf/xf_search_index.MYI'; try to repair it

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 128
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->_pushToIndex() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 138
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 125
XenForo_Search_Indexer->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 76
XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/evolve/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Any ideas?

Thanks

I had Threadloom installed, but disabled from replacing the default search, using it's options menu in the ACP.

I just tried to disable the entire add on, from the add on list to try the rebuild again, but it wouldn't disable and instead threw me this error.

I don't know if it's directly related due to Threadloom, or just related because something search related is borked.

Code:
The following error occurred:

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './evolve_xf/xf_search_index.MYI'; try to repair it in /home/evolve/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 128
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->_pushToIndex() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 138
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 125
XenForo_Search_Indexer->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 76
XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 147
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::_addDefaultParams() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 185
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 37
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 617
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/evolve/public_html/admin.php at line 13

Looks like the restart of MySQL server wasn't clean and it caused corruption of the xf_search_index table.

You should be able to run the "Repair" operation on that table in PhpMyAdmin or if that's not available or doesn't work then you'll need to truncate/empty the table, and rebuild your search index from scratch.

Top Bottom