1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Error trying to save require prefixes

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by TRACKMIXERS, Jun 23, 2013.

1. TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS Member

Any help would be appreciated in fixing this. I get the error when saving (while editing) a forum. I had require prefixes mod installed but had uninstalled it. It's the only thing I can think of to why I am getting this error...

Mysqli prepare error: Unknown column 'require_prefix' in 'field list'
    1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    2. Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    4. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 632
    5. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1623
    6. XenForo_DataWriter->_update() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1592
    7. XenForo_DataWriter->_save() in XenForo/DataWriter.php at line 1388
    8. XenForo_DataWriter->save() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Forum.php at line 122
    9. XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Forum->actionSave() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 335
    10. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
    11. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/xxx/public_html/admin.php at line 13

2. Slavik

Slavik XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Drop the require prefix colulmn from your database.

3. TRACKMIXERS

TRACKMIXERS Member

Well, I couldn't seem to find that column in the database so I checked against a fresh install and it seems I am missing the last 4 columns from xf_forum, starting with require_prefix. I tried to re-install by doing a "rebuild master data" but that didn't seem to help. Any suggestions on where to go from here?

Pic is from fresh install, not the install I am trying to fix.
    database.jpg

4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

It sounds as if that or another add-on has dropped those columns from the table.

I would recommend contacting the add-on author to see if that is the case.

You may need to restore from a back-up and wait for a fix.