• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

XF 1.5 Error trying to reduce minimum character count for search

RobinHood

Well-known member
#1
I've asked my host to edit ft_min_word_len in the mysql configuration to 2.

I then restarted the mysql server

Edited the min character count in the ACP search options.

Then I tried to rebuild the search index using using Rebuild Search Index in the XF ACP, but I get this error:

Code:
Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './evolve_xf/xf_search_index.MYI'; try to repair it

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 128
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->_pushToIndex() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 138
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 125
XenForo_Search_Indexer->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 76
XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ControllerAdmin/Tools.php at line 159
XenForo_ControllerAdmin_Tools->actionRunDeferred() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 351
XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 134
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/evolve/public_html/admin.php at line 13
Any ideas?

Thanks
 

RobinHood

Well-known member
#2
I had Threadloom installed, but disabled from replacing the default search, using it's options menu in the ACP.

I just tried to disable the entire add on, from the add on list to try the rebuild again, but it wouldn't disable and instead threw me this error.

I don't know if it's directly related due to Threadloom, or just related because something search related is borked.

Code:
The following error occurred:

An exception occurred: Mysqli statement execute error : Incorrect key file for table './evolve_xf/xf_search_index.MYI'; try to repair it in /home/evolve/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 214

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 297
Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 479
Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 128
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->_pushToIndex() in XenForo/Search/SourceHandler/MySqlFt.php at line 138
XenForo_Search_SourceHandler_MySqlFt->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Search/Indexer.php at line 125
XenForo_Search_Indexer->finalizeRebuildSet() in XenForo/Deferred/SearchIndex.php at line 76
XenForo_Deferred_SearchIndex->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 295
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 429
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 374
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 147
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::_addDefaultParams() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 185
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json::jsonEncodeForOutput() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Json.php at line 37
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Json->renderRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 617
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/evolve/public_html/admin.php at line 13
 

Chris D

XenForo developer
Staff member
#3
Looks like the restart of MySQL server wasn't clean and it caused corruption of the xf_search_index table.

You should be able to run the "Repair" operation on that table in PhpMyAdmin or if that's not available or doesn't work then you'll need to truncate/empty the table, and rebuild your search index from scratch.