XF 1.2 Math error when uploading new styles [themehouse]

RG70Hz

As the title says, every time I upload and try a style from theme house I get a math error. For example, when I try and install their "class" theme I get the error shown below. They are compatible with may version of xenforo [1.2.9] so it says but every time I try to upload a style from their site I get this same error. Is it an error caused by me? Maybe a misconfiguration somewhere? Any guidance is appreciated.

An exception occurred: editor_contents.css - Line 80: Invalid math expression in C:\inetpub\wwwroot\xenforo\library\XenForo\Template\Compiler.php on line 991

XenForo_Template_Compiler->getNewCompilerException() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/Calc.php at line 189
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Function_Calc->_parseMathExpression() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Function/Calc.php at line 55
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Function_Calc->compile() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 700
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileFunction() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 576
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegment() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 509
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegments() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Tag/If.php at line 112
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Tag_If->compile() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 641
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileTag() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 570
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegment() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 509
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegments() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 422
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileIntoVariable() in XenForo/Template/Compiler/Tag/Include.php at line 113
XenForo_Template_Compiler_Tag_Include->compile() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 641
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileTag() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 570
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileSegments() in XenForo/Template/Compiler.php at line 372
XenForo_Template_Compiler->compileParsed() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1564
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAndInsertParsedTemplate() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1443
XenForo_Model_Template->compileTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1292
XenForo_Model_Template->compileNamedTemplateInStyleTree() in XenForo/Model/Template.php at line 1231
XenForo_Model_Template->compileAllTemplates() in XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 36
XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in AddOnInstaller/XenForo/Deferred/Template.php at line 9
AddOnInstaller_XenForo_Deferred_Template->execute() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 252
XenForo_Model_Deferred->runDeferred() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 386
XenForo_Model_Deferred->_runInternal() in XenForo/Model/Deferred.php at line 331
XenForo_Model_Deferred->run() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/Abstract.php at line 352
XenForo_ViewRenderer_Abstract::hasManualDeferredToRun() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlAdmin.php at line 50
XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlAdmin->renderRedirect() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 593
XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
XenForo_FrontController->run() in C:/inetpub/wwwroot/xenforo/admin.php at line 13

You sure you have all the required PHP PECL's installed? Sounds like you may be at least missing the math PECL.

But as an aside... anything theme/add-on related usually needs to be addressed via either the providers support site or if obtained through the RM here, through that resources specific discussion thread.

I’m using adminer and configured xenforo to run on php5 while the rest of the site runs on php8
Looks like Adminer is a phpMyAdmin replacement.. that's not your regular control panel.
If you are using IIS, then you should be able to find tons of instructions on how to update the PECL's for PHP on the web. It still depends on if you are using an actual control panel for the entire hosting of the site.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Looks like Adminer is a phpMyAdmin replacement.. that's not your regular control panel.
If you are using IIS, then you should be able to find tons of instructions on how to update the PECL's for PHP on the web. It still depends on if you are using an actual control panel for the entire hosting of the site.
I’m still novice with these topics. The only admin panel I use besides what I mentioned is the default xenforo panel. This site is completely locally hosted on a machine I have running at home.

Suggestion... if you are running on hardware that will support it... set up a VM (either using Windows Hyper-V or VirtualBox) and install Linux on it and learn in that. MOST of your hosting providers will be utilizing Linux base in the real world, as WinBlows and IIS are not that frequently used.
For ease of use, I'd suggest using CentOS 7 and CentMin Mod for a baseline. There are some functions you won't be able to use, like SSL since you won't have a true presence on the internet most likely and LE can't authenticate for SSL unless you do. You can also use several of the free panels if you would rather, as long as you utilize the OS they require in your VM.

Suggestion... if you are running on hardware that will support it... set up a VM (either using Windows Hyper-V or VirtualBox) and install Linux on it and learn in that. MOST of your hosting providers will be utilizing Linux base in the real world, as WinBlows and IIS are not that frequently used.
For ease of use, I'd suggest using CentOS 7 and CentMin Mod for a baseline. There are some functions you won't be able to use, like SSL since you won't have a true presence on the internet most likely and LE can't authenticate for SSL unless you do. You can also use several of the free panels if you would rather, as long as you utilize the OS they require in your VM.
Thank you for the response. I’m doing a networking program in college so this is giving me great experience. I have a class dedicated to Linux and Mcs Server which is mostly why I took this upon myself. To get more familiar with everything. I will eventually switch to Linux but I want to get all the concepts down first as Linux is generally more complex. In my experience anyway.

You sure you have all the required PHP PECL's installed? Sounds like you may be at least missing the math PECL.

But as an aside... anything theme/add-on related usually needs to be addressed via either the providers support site or if obtained through the RM here, through that resources specific discussion thread.
do you have a link for this extension? I cannot find the pecl math extension for php5.6.9 to run on xenforo 1.2.9

look for BCMath... I think that's what the math PECL is called.
Its not listed:
;extension=php_bz2.dll
;extension=php_curl.dll
;extension=php_fileinfo.dll
extension=php_gd2.dll
;extension=php_gettext.dll
;extension=php_gmp.dll
;extension=php_intl.dll
;extension=php_imap.dll
;extension=php_interbase.dll
;extension=php_ldap.dll
;extension=php_mbstring.dll
;extension=php_exif.dll ; Must be after mbstring as it depends on it
extension=php_mysql.dll
extension=php_mysqli.dll
;extension=php_oci8_12c.dll ; Use with Oracle Database 12c Instant Client
extension=php_openssl.dll
;extension=php_pdo_firebird.dll
;extension=php_pdo_mysql.dll
;extension=php_pdo_oci.dll
;extension=php_pdo_odbc.dll
;extension=php_pdo_pgsql.dll
;extension=php_pdo_sqlite.dll
;extension=php_pgsql.dll
;extension=php_pspell.dll
;extension=php_shmop.dll
I cannot find any link for this either.

Google can be your friend.

If it's not listed in the .ini file, then the installation you are using may simply not support it.

You won't get a lot of help (and this will be my last post on this in this area) on Windows server, as most (as I mentioned) utilize a LAMP stack instead of a WAMP stack.
I've been googling it for the last hour. Used chatgpt as well with no luck for either.

Google can be your friend.

If it's not listed in the .ini file, then the installation you are using may simply not support it.

You won't get a lot of help (and this will be my last post on this in this area) on Windows server, as most (as I mentioned) utilize a LAMP stack instead of a WAMP stack.
im using windows server 2019. I used that link earlier hence my reply with the extensions..

Top Bottom