XF 1.3 Getting SQL error trying to move thread with 4k pages

dawg

I have threads on my forum some with thousands of pages. I can move any thread no problem but when i try to move a monster thread i get this error? Maybe a simple fix? Still learning.

Keep in mind i have no problems moving other threads or problems with anything else.

Code:
    Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 808
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 130
    XenForo_Template_Public->_getTemplatesFromDataSource() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 572
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->_loadTemplates() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 556
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->_loadTemplate() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 180
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
    XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 139
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 618
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/******/public_html/index.php at line 13

I can guess the error but you've actually cut the first line off.

Can you copy and paste the error log entry from the ACP in full?

I can guess the error but you've actually cut the first line off.

Can you copy and paste the error log entry from the ACP in full?
Sorry Brogan let me try again
Sorry about that. I will leave my home path also this time.

Code:
An exception occurred: Mysqli prepare error: MySQL server has gone away in /home/dawgshed/public_html/library/Zend/Db/Statement/Mysqli.php on line 77

Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_prepare() in Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 115
    Zend_Db_Statement->__construct() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Mysqli.php at line 381
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Mysqli->prepare() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 478
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 808
    Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->fetchPairs() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 130
    XenForo_Template_Public->_getTemplatesFromDataSource() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 572
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->_loadTemplates() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 556
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->_loadTemplate() in XenForo/Template/Abstract.php at line 180
    XenForo_Template_Abstract->render() in XenForo/Template/Public.php at line 110
    XenForo_Template_Public->render() in XenForo/ViewRenderer/HtmlPublic.php at line 139
    XenForo_ViewRenderer_HtmlPublic->renderContainer() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 618
    XenForo_FrontController->renderView() in XenForo/FrontController.php at line 158
    XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/dawgshed/public_html/index.php at line 13

The most common reason for that is the server timed out and closed the connection.
Moving a thread with 4,000 pages would do that.

You can try increasing the wait_timeout value to see if that helps.
Or possibly also max_allowed_packet.

The most common reason for that is the server timed out and closed the connection.
Moving a thread with 4,000 pages would do that.

You can try increasing the wait_timeout value to see if that helps.
I figured that was it but as i said I am still learning just migrated a couple of weeks ago. If thats all it is, i will just lock the thread and leave it public. I was trying to move it to a private forum. No big deal, i just wanted to make sure i didnt have a problem in general.

Well if you check the values for those in my.cnf, you might find they are quite low.
In which case increasing them may resolve it.

Well if you check the values for those in my.cnf, you might find they are quite low.
In which case increasing them may resolve it.
I will contact my server guy and have him increase those values. Thanks Brogan, i just panicked when i saw that, i thought i had a problem forum wide.

Top Bottom