XF 1.4 Error submitting sitemap to google

DaveL

Submitting my sitemap via Google Webmaster tools im getting the following error:

Issue: Unsupported file format
Description: Your Sitemap does not appear to be in a supported format.

I had no issues up until recently, so not sure whats causing this problem.

If I goto the url for the sitemap - It brings up the download box, so its definitely there.

Anyone know what might be causing this or where I should start looking?

Your sitemap appears to have been double gzipped which Google doesn't appear to like. This appears to be caused by your server automatically gzipping responses. Ideally, you'll want to exempt this at least for sitemap.php.

Your sitemap appears to have been double gzipped which Google doesn't appear to like. This appears to be caused by your server automatically gzipping responses. Ideally, you'll want to exempt this at least for sitemap.php.
@DaveL this happened on my site. I contacted my host and they sorted it for me.

Hi Mike,

Contacted my host an it does appear to be because I have Optimise Website enabled. Do you know how I would go about making the sitemap.php file exempt?

Thanks
Dave

Unfortunately I'm not aware of what that option does, so your host may need to provide additional guidance.

Thanks for the reply Mike. Its a setting in cPanel.

cpanel.webp

Im presuming if I change it to "Compress the specified MIME types" - That would solve the sitemap issue? Would there be any other MIME types I could add that would benefit the speed of Xenforo?

Thanks for the reply Mike. Its a setting in cPanel.

View attachment 96889

Im presuming if I change it to "Compress the specified MIME types" - That would solve the sitemap issue? Would there be any other MIME types I could add that would benefit the speed of Xenforo?
Looks like that is the equivalent of the gzip structure for nginx.
Here is what I use on my nginx setups:
Code:
text/xml text/plain text/css application/json application/x-javascript application/vnd.ms-fontobject application/x-font-ttf font/opentype application/xml
application/rss+xml application/atom+xml application/rdf+xml

Top Bottom