1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

error on ip.board import

Discussion in 'Installation, Upgrade, and Import Support' started by Max Hodges, Apr 10, 2011.

1. Max Hodges

Max Hodges Member

I get an error when trying to validate the configurator

The source database connection details are not correct: Access denied for user 'dbo142309622'@'localhost'

my ip.board is MySQL4.0. SHould I try upgrading the db to v5 first?
  2. Nasr

Nasr Well-Known Member

XenForo System Requirements

• PHP: 5.2.4+
    • MySQL: 5.0+
    • PHP extensions: MySQLi, GD (with JPEG support), PCRE, SPL, SimpleXML, DOM, JSON, iconv, ctype
    • PHP safe_mode off
    Download the requirements test script.

Try running that test script and make sure your database user and password are correct.
  3. Max Hodges

Max Hodges Member

sorry, I mean IPB is running on mysql 4. xenforo is already up and running.
  4. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

The error details seem to indicate you entered an incorrect username or password for the IP.Board database.

Have you confirmed they are the same as in the config.php (or equivalent) file?
  5. Max Hodges

Max Hodges Member

I think the problem is that your code is [still] not supporting sockets. Every time i upgrade I have to make a manual patch per this thread:

so in the current situation, the xenforo data is using socket, but the ip.board database I want to import is not. So the import routine can't handle this situation. I'll look at first importing the ip.board data into a database which uses '/tmp/mysql5.sock' just like my xenforo install.
  6. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Have you tried specifying the socket in the host parameter? I know this works for mysql_connect:

This isn't specified for mysqli_real_connect, but it's worth a try.