Error message during upgrade

Biirds

Hi!

I was upgrading from 1..1.2 to 1.1.3 but after I had filled in all my server details this error message appeared:
"You have already completed installation. If you wish to reinstall, please delete the file internal_data/install-lock.php."

When I was uploading the new files I took replace old files and not merge. Could this be the problem? What happens if I delete install_lock.php? Please
help me with this.

Yes you need to merge, not replace.

You should restore a backup from before you uploaded the files. You can simply recreate the internal_data/install-lock.php file, but you will still have lost the other contents of data and internal_data which is all of your attachments and avatars.

Thanks for you reply Jake!

I didn't create a back up before uploading the other files. I just transferred most of the old files on the ftp to a folder.

I know.. I should have created a back up =/. So what are my options right now? Could you please instruct me step by step on how to do. Really appreciate your help.

Regards,
Martin

Ok.. well this was strange. I was going to mysite/install today and I had to fill in my e-mail and password and then it started the update so now I run on 1.1.3. Strange but good for me =)

Top Bottom