Duplicate  Error at step 2b and no button

Already resolved and there are a large number of threads about it - download again and re-upload the /js directory and it'll fix it :)

Strange didn't find threads about it. So the download package has already changed?

Ok I'll try the new package then.

Not already resolved for everyone. I'm still getting the same error after the fix.
Same here. Regardless, I just let it be and it appeared to install successfully after a few minutes. :)

Edit: I may not have the new package. Give me a second. :)

Is the browser still working even though you see that error message on screen? If so, try waiting for the browser to redirect you to step three and ignore the error. Do not stop your browser from working. Go have a smoke or something :) and return in a bit, and hopefully you find that XF proceeded to step three, no harm done.

Is the browser still working even though you see that error message on screen? If so, try waiting for the browser to redirect you to step three and ignore the error. Do not stop your browser from working. Go have a smoke or something :) and return in a bit, and hopefully you find that XF proceeded to step three, no harm done.
I have waited for it to finish and it did, sometimes giving what looks like a stack trace. I've also tried refreshing after that. Still no joy :(

yea, I can now confirm it works, I've done it on 3 test installations where you do this:

Open file js/xenforo/cache_rebuild.js
find:
Code:
    { error: $.context(this, 'formSubmitError'), timeout: 30000 }
and change to
Code:
    { error: $.context(this, 'formSubmitError'), timeout: 300000 }

yea, I can now confirm it works, I've done it on 3 test installations where you do this:

Open file js/xenforo/cache_rebuild.js
find:
Code:
    { error: $.context(this, 'formSubmitError'), timeout: 30000 }
and change to
Code:
    { error: $.context(this, 'formSubmitError'), timeout: 300000 }
adding the extra zer0 at least gave me the "Rebuild Caches" button. Just waiting on that to finish now.

Let me know how it goes jmurrayhead it seems to work on my Fedora 13 VPS and on my own localhost
lol I click the "Rebuild Caches" button and after a long wait, Firefox asks me if I want to save index.php :rolleyes: GoDaddy frustrates the piss outta me. I've been meaning to get my own VPS...

I re-downloaded the zip and it only gave me the error once, which is better than it was. Still installs successfully, although it does seem to take a while. :)

Hmm.. still can't get any further than Rebuilding... Phrases (importing)

Now I'm getting this error:

the error varies between the previous posted and the following during step 2b:

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Query execution was interrupted

1. Zend_Db_Statement_Mysqli->_execute() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/library/Zend/Db/Statement.php at line 300
2. Zend_Db_Statement->execute() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/library/Zend/Db/Adapter/Abstract.php at line 468
3. Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php at line 992
4. XenForo_Model_Phrase->deletePhrasesForAddOn() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/library/XenForo/Model/Phrase.php at line 1022
5. XenForo_Model_Phrase->importPhrasesAddOnXml() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/library/XenForo/CacheRebuilder/ImportPhrase.php at line 33
6. XenForo_CacheRebuilder_ImportPhrase->rebuild() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/library/XenForo/ControllerHelper/CacheRebuild.php at line 26
7. XenForo_ControllerHelper_CacheRebuild->rebuildCache() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/library/XenForo/Install/Controller/Install.php at line 243
8. XenForo_Install_Controller_Install->actionStep2b() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 303
9. XenForo_FrontController->dispatch() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/library/XenForo/FrontController.php at line 132
10. XenForo_FrontController->run() in /home/content/xxx/html/xf/install/index.php at line 17

Server Error

Mysqli statement execute error : Query execution was interrupted
Sounds like the script was killed because it was taking too long. Are you on a shared host?

If not, try increasing PHP's max execution time, memory limit, or both. I'm not familiar enough with MySQL to know if it has a maximum query execution time, but if it does you could try increasing that as well. :)

Sounds like the script was killed because it was taking too long. Are you on a shared host?

If not, try increasing PHP's max execution time, memory limit, or both. I'm not familiar enough with MySQL to know if it has a maximum query execution time, but if it does you could try increasing that as well. :)
Yes, unfortunately I am on a shared host :/ I've been thinking about getting a VPS for quite some time, and probably will soon, but XenForo still needs to work for those who will stay on shared hosting.

Top Bottom