Install Error - Blank page for Step 2B

RobParker

I'm trying to install XF on a sub-domain of my site for testing and get a blank page when it gets to index.php?install/step/2b

I've tried 3 times now (re-uploaded files, wiped database, etc) and it has the same problem every time.

I ran the test script to verify all my server settings/sfotware were compatible and that ran fine.

Any ideas?

it doesn't test MySQL. which makes sense because one could use a dedicated SQL server :)
Indeed.
Which is why I also posted the caveat.

However: "This script will confirm that you meet the PHP requirements. You will need to confirm the MySQL version requirement independently."

Just a quick check, we're currently running VB 3.7.2 along with VB Advanced 3.0.1, I'm assuming that an upgrade of MySQL won't affect these but could anyone confirm or point me in the right direction?

I know we're running relatively old version of VB, our intention was just to upgrade to VB4 but then the CMS was so poor we never got around to it.

In general, upgrading to a later version of MySQL shouldn't cause any problems with existing installs.

It's still worth checking though just to be sure.

Just a quick check, we're currently running VB 3.7.2 along with VB Advanced 3.0.1, I'm assuming that an upgrade of MySQL won't affect these but could anyone confirm or point me in the right direction?

I know we're running relatively old version of VB, our intention was just to upgrade to VB4 but then the CMS was so poor we never got around to it.

Make backups before anything backup backup :)
upgrading should be fairly smooth BUT in case things go south you are covered. and things always go south when the least expected

Make backups before anything backup backup :)
upgrading should be fairly smooth BUT in case things go south you are covered. and things always go south when the least expected

Everything is backed up, our hosts just asked us to be sure of compatibility as they said it's fairly difficult to roll-back the upgrade if we needed to.

Hello @ll,

my english is not really good, but I hope you understand what I want to tell you....

I have the same problem as the one person in the first post.

Today I bought and downloaded the version 1.0.2 full, uploaded the unpacked things on my server (it's a webhosting), gave the rights for the both folders an run the install like in the readme.txt is told.

I can place my db-datas and click ok, I can download the config.php and upload in the right folder, I can go to the next steb and see all is right, but on the change from step/1b to step/2 I get a blank white site. I had a look into my database, there where created 123 tables.

If I refreshing the blank site I get:

Error

You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed.

If I say the broser again go to http://www.xxxxx.de/install I get the message that there still is a config.php and if I want to use it. I say yes. Then I get the window, the tables must be removed. I check it and want to go to the next step.... and then I get the blank white site again.

I don't know where the problem is, because all I know about or can do is :

open abc.php, search for ........, place before or after....

but I know the most other softwares work fine on the server.... joomla, wordpress, phpbb, wbb, vB and nuke-evo are all I tested until yet. I think it can not be a really 'big' thing, but I don't know what is wrong.

I created know 7 new databases and uploaded all folders the 3rd time, no changes. I use a Domain with an - , a Domain without an -, a subdomain, a folder unter the Domain.... no changes.

Can someone help me, please? Ah, yes... my website is hosted on www.all-inkl.de as Business-pack.

Thank you much for an answer!

Best regards

Anica

Edit ---> I downloaded the script von this page here, too and this say... all is ok.

Can you try dropping all of the tables from the database and running the install script again?

Or have you already tried several times? I'm not sure if you are getting the error related to the tables already existing on all subsequent attempts.

If you're still having problems, please raise a ticket: http://xenforo.com/customers/support

I use all times a complete new, emtpy database. Then I have 123 tables in it and get the blank white site on step/2. For every new, empty database I used a new config.php because I deleted this before from the folder to get sure all is right.

I deleted all those tables and tested then the install again with the same config.php and database, but I got the message.

Error

You cannot proceed unless all XenForo database tables are removed.

OK, I know that this message is than right because there are no tables anymore. But before there where those 123 tables and I get this message after refreshing the blank white site.
I see no messages after ""Your configuration has been verified" and click on the install-button.

If you get a response please post it here.

Mike spent a while looking into this for me and while I still get this error, if I keep trying the install it eventually finishes fine.

Top Bottom