• This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Envolve Chat addon

svetoslav80

This is addon for Envolve Chat. It's an easy to use chat for your web site. You can see demo on http://www.envolve.com

Installation:

- Copy the "EnvolveChat" folder to xenforo\library (don't change folder name and/or case!)
- Go to xenforo admin control panel, Home->addons -> Install addon, choose addon-EnvolveChat.xml and click "Install Add-on".
- In admin panel, go to Options -> Envolve Chat Settings , and paste your api key in the first field, change other settings (optional) and Save

Note that I'm not a "real" programmer so there may be bugs, performance issues, etc ... you know, use at your own risk.

Attachments

Envolve is a top-end hosted footerbar chat (akin to facebook chat). Envolve didn't have a plugin for XenForo which was keeping us (Phoenix Rising) from switching over to XF from vBulletin...so Svet volunteered and made the plugin for us, which we're releasing to the community.

We expect envolve.com to be picking up the long term maintenance of the plugin and to include XenForo as an officially supported platform. Hopefully they'll be posting here on XenForo.com soon.

Attached is a quickie screenshot of the chat in use at envolve.com.

Envolve screenshot cropped by adin, on Flickr

Looks great. Once i build up more traffic to my site its something i would definatley consider, thanks for the work

Looks nice. Are the prices on your site XF prices too?

Any chance the reloading when switching pages will get worked on at some point? It's quite distracting. ;)

Looks nice. Are the prices on your site XF prices too?
Any chance the reloading when switching pages will get worked on at some point? It's quite distracting. ;)

I don't have a site. Envovle chat isn't mine. I just made the plugin so that envolve chat integrates with xenforo. These 2 are different products with different prices. And I can't do anything about reloading sorry, maybe someone with greater skills can, I don't know ...

adin, this is cool. I hope envolve picks up support, I don't want to use unsupported stuff, and this looks very cool

Installed, works nice but I can't set it up in spanish.

I solved it adding this in <head>

HTML:
<meta name="gwt:property" content="locale=es">

I had this for a while....
Don't use it unless you want your XenForo to become incredibly slow.
I changed back to CometChat and suddenly the forum was sooo much faster.

I had this for a while....
Don't use it unless you want your XenForo to become incredibly slow.
I changed back to CometChat and suddenly the forum was sooo much faster.

Are you using the cometchat addon server service? Or just the cometchat on your own server?

Top Bottom