1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. This forum has been archived. New threads and replies may not be made. All add-ons/resources that are active should be migrated to the Resource Manager. See this thread for more information.

Envolve Chat addon

Discussion in 'Add-on Releases [Archive]' started by svetoslav80, Sep 14, 2011.

1. svetoslav80

svetoslav80 Active Member

This is addon for Envolve Chat. It's an easy to use chat for your web site. You can see demo on http://www.envolve.com

Installation:

- Copy the "EnvolveChat" folder to xenforo\library (don't change folder name and/or case!)
    - Go to xenforo admin control panel, Home->addons -> Install addon, choose addon-EnvolveChat.xml and click "Install Add-on".
    - In admin panel, go to Options -> Envolve Chat Settings , and paste your api key in the first field, change other settings (optional) and Save

Note that I'm not a "real" programmer so there may be bugs, performance issues, etc ... you know, use at your own risk.

Attached Files:

2. cobra1162

cobra1162 Active Member

3. adin

adin Active Member

Envolve is a top-end hosted footerbar chat (akin to facebook chat). Envolve didn't have a plugin for XenForo which was keeping us (Phoenix Rising) from switching over to XF from vBulletin...so Svet volunteered and made the plugin for us, which we're releasing to the community.

We expect envolve.com to be picking up the long term maintenance of the plugin and to include XenForo as an officially supported platform. Hopefully they'll be posting here on XenForo.com soon.

Attached is a quickie screenshot of the chat in use at envolve.com.

[​IMG]
    Envolve screenshot cropped by adin, on Flickr

Puntocom and thebush like this.
  4. ddmmh

ddmmh Well-Known Member

Looks great. Once i build up more traffic to my site its something i would definatley consider, thanks for the work

5. zett

zett Member

Its awesome... Is there a way to make it not reload when browsing the website?

6. Core Freedom

Core Freedom Well-Known Member

Looks nice. Are the prices on your site XF prices too?

Any chance the reloading when switching pages will get worked on at some point? It's quite distracting. ;)

pratik likes this.
  7. svetoslav80

I don't have a site. Envovle chat isn't mine. I just made the plugin so that envolve chat integrates with xenforo. These 2 are different products with different prices. And I can't do anything about reloading sorry, maybe someone with greater skills can, I don't know ...

8. toodlez

toodlez Active Member

Nice, looking to do some custom work with this software

9. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

How is this different from CometChat? Looks the same to me.

10. yessir

yessir Active Member

adin, this is cool. I hope envolve picks up support, I don't want to use unsupported stuff, and this looks very cool

11. Puntocom

Puntocom Well-Known Member

Installed, works nice but I can't set it up in spanish.

I solved it adding this in <head>

HTML:
    <meta name="gwt:property" content="locale=es">

adin likes this.
  12. yessir

yessir Active Member

Installed, thanks svetoslav80.

13. ManuTdi

ManuTdi Active Member

Nice!!!

14. SkyeLogic

SkyeLogic Member

I wish we could experiment with this addon before installing it.

15. zett

zett Member

I had this for a while....
    Don't use it unless you want your XenForo to become incredibly slow.
    I changed back to CometChat and suddenly the forum was sooo much faster.

Fuhrmann likes this.
  16. Deepmartini

Deepmartini Well-Known Member

Are you using the cometchat addon server service? Or just the cometchat on your own server?

17. zett

zett Member

Using the local Cometchat you can buy for $49, you can test it on my forums - it's really fast.

18. Puntocom

It would be nice for the user to be able to disable the chat to speed up the site.

19. svetoslav80

Click on "... People Here" , then the gear icon on the top right, and you'll see the turn off menu.

Puntocom likes this.
  20. Puntocom

It would be nice an admin setting to set up the Chat turned off by default.