XF 1.4 Enhanced search - not in addon list?

creativeforge

Hi,

I know we purchased it and installed it and tested it. As well as "elastic." But where do we set the parameters for the Enhanced Search?

Thanks!

Andre

Ah, yes, that was it! So if you search without quotes, it's a regular search for both words. With the quotes, it's a specific string, which gives less results obviously, but results are much more targeted.

Great! many thanks Brogan! This was tremendously helpful!

Regards,

Andre

Bear in mind there may be filtering for results based on permissions or other reasons. Given that you're looking at values that are both near the max of the search results limit, I'd say they were both returning full sets of results.

He means thread viewing permissions.

The search system will retrieve all matching threads then discard those you don't have permission to view.

Searching for the same term above, I get 24 pages on the "search everything" tab.

Ah the PERMISSIONS strike again... I'm reading your thread "Implementing..."

Is there a way to safely delete user groups? There are 27 groups, but that's from 10 years back all the way to today. I don't think we have more than 5 (if that) real user groups.

Thanks!

You can delete all but the default four user groups.

If members have a user group as their primary user group, which is then deleted, they will be added to the Registered user group as the primary.

I would definitely recommend doing a full user group and permission overhaul.

The default names of the groups are:

Unregistered / Unconfirmed
Registered
Administrative

though the group names can be changed.

You can easily identify them by the group numbers - 1, 2, 3, 4 - which are at the end of the group URL when you hover over their names.

Top Bottom