Server issue Enhanced Search Bug

ibaker

Enhanced Search isn't working for me due to a bug in the addon and which I believe has been confirmed by Mike

If I go to advance search and search for something in just one forum it works BUT if I search for the same thing in 2 or more forums then the search results show every forum on my site NOT just the two forums selected.

Here are some screen shots:
1.webp 2.webp 3.webp 4.webp

I am unable to use the addon and I believe it is on the very low priority to fix...can anyone else advise on any potential fixes as I really really need this to be working ASAP

Last edited:
I find it difficult to believe that Mike would have confirmed it as a bug and there not be a corresponding bug report in the Enhanced Search Bug Reports forum.

Also, I've just tested this by searching for Panasonic at AVForums in the LCD and Plasma TV forums and it's only those two forums that return results. Predictably that term appears in many other forums there so this seems to be working correctly and I cannot reproduce, unfortunately.

Thanks Chris. I set up a default standard install with no changes and no addons. I then asked Slavik to have a look which I am very thankful for. He passed it on to Mike who was able to reproduce the bug and confirmed it...that was almost a month ago.

I find it difficult to believe that Mike would have confirmed it as a bug and there not be a corresponding bug report in the Enhanced Search Bug Reports forum.

Also, I've just tested this by searching for Panasonic at AVForums in the LCD and Plasma TV forums and it's only those two forums that return results. Predictably that term appears in many other forums there so this seems to be working correctly and I cannot reproduce, unfortunately.

The bug seems specific on the newer versions of ElasticSearch.

The issue that I saw seemed to be specific to elasticsearch 0.90, but it's not an issue that I have confirmed on my own setups yet. If I can and it's an ES bug, it may need to be resolved by an upgrade there. Otherwise, it appears that it could be ignoring the conditions in this situation; at the very least, there's likely a regression in ES somewhere.

Top Bottom