Enable... This thx

NiCk Newman

For non paid members, we should beable to see the full images of attachments why cant we? From a business perspective it should "PRE-SALE" users by actually letting them browse/through mod's and see if theres any cool ones before they buy the xenforo software. (As of right now you cannot because if you try to see the bigger image it says access denied) I think you should change it so all of us can see the images, ofcourse leave the attachment download private, but Just saying.. Would help non-prepaid members like myself to actually see the mods and stuff, it would help add tot he "buying factor" if you will.

For non paid members, we should beable to see the full images of attachments why cant we? From a business perspective it should "PRE-SALE" users by actually letting them browse/through mod's and see if theres any cool ones before they buy the xenforo software. (As of right now you cannot because if you try to see the bigger image it says access denied) I think you should change it so all of us can see the images, ofcourse leave the attachment download private, but Just saying.. Would help non-prepaid members like myself to actually see the mods and stuff, it would help add tot he "buying factor" if you will.
The reason that you can't view attachments in licensed-only forums is that the attachments permission is all or none, meaning if they enable it, you will also be allowed to download the actual mods. Unless they modify it to be a per-extension permission, access will be limited to none.

HOLY CRAP, I BEAT BROGAN! yay.

The reason that you can't view attachments in licensed-only forums is that the attachments permission is all or none, meaning if they enable it, you will also be allowed to download the actual mods. Unless they modify it to be a per-extension permission, access will be limited to none.

HOLY CRAP, I BEAT BROGAN! yay.

Did you not read my post? for images only, not the downloads. Why show a thumbnail of the image, when we cant even view the full size? don't show the image at all.

What he has said is entirely correct.

Full size images and other attachments are stored in the internal_data directory which is PHP protected and governed by the permissions.

As guests do not have permission to view/download attachments, all that is visible are the thumbnails, which are stored in a separate directory.

The permission system is currently binary; there is no distinction made between .zip files, images, .txt files, etc.

P.S. @KK, I moved the thread from suggestions this morning ;)

Lol I know that Brogan...

I am just suggesting I think you should let us see the images man, somehow as a idea/suggestion for developers to add that in in the future? or tell the mods to host the images on a offsite host? It's whatever though, if you don't want take suggestions by "non paid members" and be biased like that, it's fine. I am still a future "Customer" and my suggestions should be treated as the same as anyone else. :sneaky:

The suggestions forums are for suggestions related to the software, not this site, hence why the thread has been moved to feedback.

The same comment has already been made many, many times before.
Currently it is not technically possible to allow guests and non-customers to view full size image attachments.

Well as a business perspective, it would help, I see no issue with it but yeah, just trying to get suggestions to help the site and help your company grow, and this is one issue that would help if fixed.

It has been suggested before like Brogan stated.

But I am guessing you forgot to read that it is currently impossible to do anything about it.

It has been suggested before like Brogan stated.

But I am guessing you forgot to read that it is currently impossible to do anything about it.
With php, you can do anything.... nothing is impossible lawl... Don't take my advice, just trying to be nice/help community/developers

With php, you can do anything.... nothing is impossible lawl... Don't take my advice, just trying to be nice/help community/developers
Sure it's possible, but currently it is impossible. I doubt they will just do it here without doing it on XenForo as a default function available to every customer, which would take testing etc and 1.1 is nearing so if they were to do it it might not happen in 1.1 but at a later date.

We have yet to state its impossible. We stated that the current implementation of the permissions systems make it impossible. As The Rev Tastic states, adding this feature would require modify the fundamental permissions system that XenForo uses. Doing this would require a lot of work and its already late in the beta process. SOftware development principles utilized by XenForo and quite a few other developers say that this is a bad idea to do during beta. I doubt this'll be completed and/or implemented before v1.2.

Top Bottom