Resource icon

EmojiOne Smilies 2016-09-23

No permission to download
Hey, loving the emojis! Though, they are appearing way to big for my messages, any idea of how to fix? Thanks!

EHbTwDR.png

hah. i was just deleting these emojis using phpmyadmin lol. did you try adding this to extra.less file?

img[src$='.emoji.svg'] {
width: 18px;
height: auto;
}

should work in xf2 as well.

since xf2 has native emoji support, these are quite useless for me. of course, removing these would result in dead emoji codes on older posts. but having 500+ smilies is just not a good idea :D. so just used phpmyadmin to delete all of these manually.

With phpmyadmin, in which tables should i find the emojis to delete?
And about dead code emojis, how do you fix this?
Thank you! :)

xf_smilie is the table with smilies. i deleted all entries that had :emoji in them. took a few minutes. DO BACKUP THE DATABASE because i did it at my own risk. This method is mentioned in a thread about XF1.x but no one confirmed if this is safe for XF2.

As for replacing old code... I guess a simple find and replace command using the XF2 addon could work. I have not tried it. Would need to see if it can be used to replace :emoji_xyz: with an actual emoji.

Has anyone gotten this to work on XF2? I've added the code to the extra.less file but from what I can see, there is no editor_contents.css file anymore and my emoji are enormous.

xf1 plugins are not compatible with xf2.
xf2 has native support for emoji, so you do not really need to use something like this. people can insert emoji using native tools on their devices. ✌

xf1 plugins are not compatible with xf2.
xf2 has native support for emoji, so you do not really need to use something like this. people can insert emoji using native tools on their devices. ✌
Okay, but what if I want these svg emoji? The default ones from XF2 are 22px and the png files from emojione are 32px. I'd like to use these files because it sounds like they can be shrunk down to 26px with good quality which is what we want. Any advice, even if it has nothing to do with this plugin?

i guess xf2 still allow manual addition of emojis. have little experience with it. emoji support was one of the major things i was excited about. i removed all custom smilies after that. managing them is a lot of hassle of the smiley pack is not supported by the developer across major updates like this one.

Hello,
awesome to see these new Smilies for xenforo, I tested them and they are working great! :) But I have one problem, when I import a Smiley xml, the preview of the Smiley doesn't show the Smiley.

f6ff5e88051e47f6a65269ced309ee43.jpeg

What cause this? I think the problem are the css, is there a way to display the simlies in the preview? :)

Best regards,
CabCon.

I get this as well... Is it still okay to import or is there something wrong? I did upload the images into the xenforo styles folder per the directions.

Ray

Okay, but what if I want these svg emoji? The default ones from XF2 are 22px and the png files from emojione are 32px. I'd like to use these files because it sounds like they can be shrunk down to 26px with good quality which is what we want. Any advice, even if it has nothing to do with this plugin?

It's the exact same way to add the smilies in Xf2 and it works just the same.

Upload the smilies.emoji folder to styles/default/xenforo/

then go to..

Admin -> Content -> Smilies -> click ... and pick import

Gof2Sbp.png

Then just click browse on Import from uploaded XML file and browse to the individual category xml files from this resource and import what categories you want.

UGO1foP.png

Only difference is the editor doesn't need the css code but EXTRA.less does...

CSS:
img[src$='.emoji.svg'] {
    width: 24px;
    height: auto;
}

size been 24 pixels here, but you can change it to whatever you want.

someone might have a better answer for this. but i had to truncate the emoji table directly in database. deleting them manually was taking too much time.

anybody else have long load times when using? i use the "img[src$='.emoji.svg']" css, however, upon loading the smilie tray, they trickle load and it takes some time.

@idFox

Top Bottom