Emoji Smilie Base Pack XML

Emoji Smilie Base Pack XML 1.1

No permission to download
Just a beginners question, but I see one big .png file included. When using the smilie pack, does every time someone uses the emoji smilie the entire png gets loaded, or just a part of it?

Just a beginners question, but I see one big .png file included. When using the smilie pack, does every time someone uses the emoji smilie the entire png gets loaded, or just a part of it?

Each of the ones that @Sheldon is releasing include a select amount of the smilies (given the screenshot in the resource description). So to answer your question, with the XML for this one, it only puts the selected part of the smilies in. The full png sprite sheet is for reference, and you'll only need to upload that once before importing the XMLs of each set.

Found the problem. Your XML adds a leading / to the smiley path. Thats why they were not showing. When I removed and saved it is showing up fine.

Edit - Working fine with the updated XML which you gave. Thanks :)

Last edited:
Hi Sheldon and Emoji Smilie Base Pack XML users.

really nice thing you made here Sheldon. Greatly appreciated.
Now i have the same problem as Renegade had. I uploaded the .png and installed the .xml. I see blank spaces instead of emoji. I can even click and select them if i post but i don't see them.

Any help from anyone?

Greetz Saimon

edit: i think it is bcs. i use xenforo version 1.4.5
edit1: i had to hyperlink the .png

Last edited:
How I installed this:

1. Upload emoji.png to your root directory or a publicly accessible images folder.
2. Open EmojiSmilies.xml on your computer
3. Do find and replace on "/styles/default/xenforo/" and replace with "/" if you uploaded to root and "/images/" if you uploaded to the images folder in your root directory (usually public_html)
4. Save the XML file and import that

Top Bottom