XF 1.4 Email Problem

PlayStage

Hello,

I have upgraded to php 5.6 from 5.5 and I'm experiencing some problems with xenforos mailing function.

ErrorException: fwrite(): send of 6 bytes failed with errno=32 Broken pipe - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:324

Might I mention that I set in php.ini

[openssl]
openssl.cafile = /usr/local/lsws/php/ca/cert.pem

The pem was downloaded from http://curl.haxx.se/ca/cacert.pem
Also the smtp server is well configured, had not a single problem with php 5.5.

Kind regards,
George.

I don't think this is necessarily caused by the 5.5 to 5.6 upgrade. This is mostly a network related issue. It seems likely that the network connection was closed unexpectedly (PHP thought it was still open when it was used).

When did this occur specifically? Is it happening consistently and stopping all mails?

It does seem like the SSL changes in PHP 5.6 would be at the core of this then, though I'm not sure why it'd be triggering this specific error. Is it possible that something else changed with the upgrade to 5.6, such as being compiled against a different SSL library or different version? What SMTP server are you trying to connect to?

Hello,

I am using a postfix+dovecot system.
Postfix is configured to use only TLSv1 protocol and the certificate it uses is issued by a valid certification authority.

Kind regards,
George.

I have figured the cause of this:

Mar 19 13:21:56 xxxxx postfix/submission/smtpd[12843]: connect from localhost[127.0.0.1]
Mar 19 13:21:58 xxxxx postfix/submission/smtpd[12843]: warning: localhost[127.0.0.1]: SASL LOGIN authentication failed: dUqasjnvkqb
Mar 19 13:21:58 xxxxx postfix/submission/smtpd[12843]: disconnect from localhost[127.0.0.1]

And in master.cf postfix submission is:

submission inet n - - - - smtpd
-o syslog_name=postfix/submission
-o smtpd_enforce_tls=yes
-o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
-o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
-o cleanup_service_name=subcleanup
-o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING
-o smtpd_client_restrictions=permit_mynetworks,permit_sasl_authenticated,reject
-o smtpd_sasl_security_options=noanonymous
-o smtpd_sasl_tls_security_options=noanonymous
-o smtpd_sasl_type=dovecot
-o smtpd_sasl_path=private/auth
-o smtpd_etrn_restrictions=reject

Any suggestions to fixing this are most welcomed.

I have the same errors in the log. I'm using PHP 5.6. I also get this: Could not read from 127.0.0.1. I try to create a new account and the email works.

I'm using SMTP as Email Transport Method without authentication/encryption.

Last edited:
Hello,

I fixed this by adding openssl.cafile variable in php.ini

openssl.cafile = /full/path/to/your/certificate-issuer-ca-bundle.pem
(chmod that certificate to 0644)

Kind regards,
George.

Top Bottom