XF 2.2 Oops! We ran into some problems Please enter a value for the required field 'email'

Vercingetorix

Members attempts at uploading an image for an Avatar results with this after hitting Save:

Oops! We ran into some problems.
Please enter a value for the required field 'email'.

Where abouts is this required field 'email'?

Well without actually debugging and checking how it works, its hard to determine. if you need help in sorting this out, you can send me a dm with required login details. i will check it out :)
Hey thank you, JustinHawk.
This is a generous offer of assistance and certainly appreciated.
I will however politely decline simply because I'm determined to learn how to resolve these sorts of technical issues so as to dispossess myself of dependency upon others with respect to my own responsibilities.

The suggestions you've provided are actually very helpful in that you've given some direction and so I'm no longer simply running in disoriented circles.

😁Cheers

I disabled Email Validator UseBouncer.com then tested uploading & saving an Avatar—😄success!

So now I guess the next step is to methodically work through every aspect related to that add-on in order to identify the precise cause(?)

🤔 Wondering if it's a simple case of neglecting to update the UseBouncer.com account since changing to a custom DS a few weeks ago(?)

I disabled Email Validator UseBouncer.com then tested uploading & saving an Avatar—😄success!
I don't see the reason for executing code for email validation during avatar upload. I think you should keep this addon enabled and try it with other addons as well. To check for other addons too.

I don't see the reason for executing code for email validation during avatar upload. I think you should keep this addon enabled and try it with other addons as well. To check for other addons too.
Yeah, I must admit that does seem quite reasonable.

The Email Validator UseBouncer.com add-on version is current and the UseBouncer.com account information all appears in order.

I will start going through the...🤔~120± add-ons...😅might take a while but I'll report back with an update asap.

Hey thank you JustinHawk

[A "multi-plug"—probably silly, just thinking it'd be handy if we could load, say any 10 similar types of add-ons into a "multi-plug" that could pre-check for potential conflicts & such and if not then we could install the "multi-plug".]

*Update: 😅 I had too many add-ons installed × too little time/experience.

So...I...simply began uninstalling add-ons en masse.

Currently dumped several dozen add-ons entirely—in the hopes 1/or more may have been the problem.

Viola! Problem resolved-😂in a sense.

Top Bottom