XF 1.4 Email Failing except on Conversations

shibuya246

We have had mandrill set up for use with Xenforo for a while now and had no problem, but after last minor Xenforo version update, our emails stopped being sent on everything except Conversations.

We do not have encryption set on the SMTP settings

We are seeing the
PHP:
Zend_Mail_Protocol_Exception: Email to _______@__________.com failed: Incorrect authentication data - library/Zend/Mail/Protocol/Abstract.php:431
message come up on all mails, except the Conversation ones.

The Conversation emails are getting sent correctly somehow.

We have checked throughly the mandrill details and tried using ssl and tls with varying ports.

The fact that Conversation emails send properly through mandrill but anything else fails makes us believe the problem may be with Xenforo

Has anyone else seen this recently? Any ideas on how to fix?

There certainly isn't anything to behave differently between conversations emails and something like thread watch emails. This makes me think that it may just be more of a sporadic issue? That would seem to imply some sort of issue with Mandrill though. (The error you're receiving is actually coming from Mandrill though obviously it's dependent on the username/password being sent correctly.)

There certainly isn't anything to behave differently between conversations emails and something like thread watch emails. This makes me think that it may just be more of a sporadic issue? That would seem to imply some sort of issue with Mandrill though. (The error you're receiving is actually coming from Mandrill though obviously it's dependent on the username/password being sent correctly.)

thanks for your reply

It does indeed seem to be a problem with mandrill. although the username/password and all settings are correct, sometimes the mail will send and other times it will not. I will keep an eye on it but as you say, nothing wrong with the Xenforo code.

thanks

Top Bottom