Email Customizer [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arty

Arty submitted a new resource:

Email Customizer - email style, email customizer

This add-on allows you to customize XenForo's HTML email messages.

With this add-on you can:
- Match email layout to XenForo style.
- Import/export custom email layouts.
- Customize email layout. You can add your logo or additional text, change style of each element.

Add-on is very easy to install and configure.

Matching email style to XenForo style.

Add-on can create email style that matches your XenForo style as close as possible. Note that email layout and forum...

Read more about this resource...

I know this is probably outside the scope of your addon but would it be possible to have a 1-click unsubscribe link that doesn't require login?

Also, the ability to add the site logo would polish things off nicely :)

I know this is probably outside the scope of your addon but would it be possible to have a 1-click unsubscribe link that doesn't require login?
No, that would require completely different code. It cannot be done by simply editing email content.

Also, the ability to add the site logo would polish things off nicely :)
You can do that. Open editor, navigate to building blocks -> wrapper table opening. Before main table add code for your logo

Just wow.... :notworthy: installed and adopted my total custom code (with a lot of CSS inline styling) to the eMails in just an hour, with three different fonts, including FontAwesome for button icons. Something I had worked on for two days when trying it with "template mods" (due to the sheer amount of templates though)... It is so convenient and well-thought. It should have been part of XF core exactly like it has been made. I can sense envy from the XF development team... ;):D

Installed but, No live preview..... ??
What browser are you using? Latest IE/Edge doesn't support HTML5 stuff I'm using, but I've added fallback for it. Problem is I haven't tested fallback yet.

This looks great Arty!
Thanks. About your styles: I've tested add-on with several of your styles, but layout is not perfect.

Add-on retrieves layout from style's properties. In your styles I failed to find a good property that could be used for main wrapper. That is border around email content + content background. For most styles add-on uses panelScroller or secondaryContent, whichever has background and border. For your styles those properties don't seem to be good sources for layout.

What style property do you think will work best for it in your styles? I've tested only few styles I got hold of:
- Adara. Problems with wrapper. It looks ok, but doesn't really match layout.
- Apex. Wrapper isn't perfect, avatar background (retrieved from messageAvatarHolder) is wrong.
- Frag Zone. Wrapper isn't perfect, but its hard to notice because of dark colors, so overall it looks good.

What browser are you using? Latest IE/Edge doesn't support HTML5 stuff I'm using, but I've added fallback for it. Problem is I haven't tested fallback yet.

Thanks. About your styles: I've tested add-on with several of your styles, but layout is not perfect.

Add-on retrieves layout from style's properties. In your styles I failed to find a good property that could be used for main wrapper. That is border around email content + content background. For most styles add-on uses panelScroller or secondaryContent, whichever has background and border. For your styles those properties don't seem to be good sources for layout.

What style property do you think will work best for it in your styles? I've tested only few styles I got hold of:
- Adara. Problems with wrapper. It looks ok, but doesn't really match layout.
- Apex. Wrapper isn't perfect, avatar background (retrieved from messageAvatarHolder) is wrong.
- Frag Zone. Wrapper isn't perfect, but its hard to notice because of dark colors, so overall it looks good.

I'll need to install and give some feedback for ya, we've created additional color palettes to control the bulk of our borders/background colors but for the most part I'd assume primary/secondaryContent background-color / border-bottom color like the default XF would work.

Everything looks great when viewed on iPhone email but when viewing emails from desktop iCloud, the background is getting stripped out and replaced with #ffffff. Is this an iCloud issue and can it be worked around?

upload_2016-2-22_11-27-59.webp

Working as expected on mobile:
upload_2016-2-22_11-31-31.webp

Check pageBackground in palette. Make sure it is same color as your background.

If it isn't white, issue is with email client. In that case the only solution is to make outer background white for entire email for consistency.

pageBackground is the correct. Must be a mail client issue although I get html emails with colored backgrounds from others on iCloud.

upload_2016-2-22_11-51-0.webpupload_2016-2-22_11-50-40.webp

Here's the same client with a black background email:

upload_2016-2-22_11-54-32.webp

I've just tested dark background on Gmail, same issue.

Looks like white background will be preferred for email styles. I'll add some notice or something like that and probably option to preview style with white background.

Strange. I get a lot of colored background html emails on both gmail and iCloud. I wonder what differs

Figured out how to make it work with gmail - body style needs background value. However its still rather ugly because gmail doesn't show it in full width.

Edit -> common components -> body -> body style:
Code:
padding: 10px;
font-family: 'Trebuchet MS', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif;
line-height: 1.28;
background: @pageBackground;

@Arty just out of curiosity; what do you think the price on the add-on will be when not in beta? at least range would be great to know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom