Implemented eMail a thread to friends

RobaFresca

Hi *.*

I don't know if something like that already exists but at least google couldn't find anything like that for me.

I would love to have a function / AddOn which a member can press within a thread and send it out via his local mailclient. A sort of mailto:emailadress, subject: This could interest you, mailtext: Linkt to thread

I guess this would be a nice to have for any admin as it pushes also non member to register and increase number of members....

Maybe there is already such a feature in the core and i was just blind....in this case....please tell me where to find and delete this...

Cheers
RF

Upvote 0
This suggestion has been implemented. Votes are no longer accepted.
There's a share this page link if you click on and post # number, after which you can choose to share via email.

Screenshot_2016-04-23-08-17-49.webp

Thx a lot, but that function i know and that wasn't meant.
With just the link user's won't send anything ay they have to c&p and open mailclient by themselfes.
What i suggested is a button visible in the post such as the like button and the actions schould be automated as stated before.
open standard mailapp (mailto: command), set the subject line and include the permalink into the text field by pressing that button.
So sorry....but no....that is not yet implemented !

Thx a lot, but that function i know and that wasn't meant.
With just the link user's won't send anything ay they have to c&p and open mailclient by themselfes.
What i suggested is a button visible in the post such as the like button and the actions schould be automated as stated before.
open standard mailapp (mailto: command), set the subject line and include the permalink into the text field by pressing that button.
So sorry....but no....that is not yet implemented !

Well when you hit the email button it allows you to send an email from the browser. If thats a little dicy there are 4 extra buttons on the email form. Share to gmail, share to yahoo, share to aol, share to outlook.

Honestly most people outside of business do not have a mail client they actually use. It works a little better on phones the way you want it because everyone has a default email client that is setup whether or not they use it. While on desktop I would be pissed if it tried to open one.

upload_2016-4-23_22-9-29.webp

That comes close to what i'm looking for.
And yes, you are right...it could end up in beeing pissed of if no mailclient is installed on desktop.
Therefor the suggestion for an Addin maybe with the option that users can set up and save their email data b4 using it.
I still think that would be useful to generate more new registrations as the member would surely use it when provided....
Just my 2ct....

Top Bottom