XF 2.1 Eliminating banner text when user joins secondary user group

orthopug

When a user joins my forum, they are in the Registered user group and get the user banner text "Newbie". Once they get a certain number of posts, they graduate to a secondary user group with the user banner text "Member". When they are in this second user group, how do I remove "Newbie" from underneath their username? I only want it to display "Member".

Attachments

• member.webp
    member.webp
    3 KB · Views: 6
So one way I found to do it is to take out the Newbie banner text and put this in the Username title override:

<div class="userBanner userBanner--lightGreen message-userBanner">Newbie</div>

Problem is the Newbie font size is smaller than it should be. I'm not sure if this is the best way to do it.

Disable banner stacking and set the the display priority for the secondary user group to a higher value than the registered user group.
This works if choose to have banner text for the secondary user group (e.g. "Member"). If I choose not to have any other banner text, the "Newbie" still displays. Any way to hide it in that case?

Disable banner stacking and set the the display priority for the secondary user group to a higher value than the registered user group.

I need a similar solution to hide our basic paid member badge once a user upgrades to a higher paid user level, but I have more than one banner that I also want to remain visible (for other secondary groups not tied to paid membership). If I disable banner stacking and set all of the other banners to the same display value, will they all show?

Understood. But if banner stacking is disabled? I need to hide just one after a user upgrades past that level, I want multiple others to display.

So if I disable stacking and set the other banners I want displayed to have equal priority? In other words, the one I want hidden would be the only one with the lower priority.

I need a similar solution to hide our basic paid member badge once a user upgrades to a higher paid user level
Why don't you update the user group promotion criteria to remove the member from the basic paid group when they purchase the higher level upgrade?

You use the User is NOT a member of any of the selected user groups criterion on the lower upgrade for that.

This is what I will do, but I was following the advice to let the higher levels inherit the lower levels’ permissions and only change the upgraded items.

Therefore, removing them from the basic paid upgrade group to hide the banner would eliminate the basic paid settings the upper level was inheriting without any change.

If my understanding is correct, your solution is the way to go as long as I go back and duplicate any of the basic upgrade settings in the upper level memberships and then move them completely from one to the other rather than adding the upper level.

If I’d known more when setting the groups up I’d have done that from the outset. Thanks for the help.

Top Bottom