ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 3.15.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
Are you using redis caching? If so what is the result of;
Code:
redis-cli dbsize

You can manually purge the bad keys with;
Code:
redis-cli keys \*ESESimilar\* | xargs redis-cli del

Then try running the add-on update immediate after this.

Man, your addon updates have a problem lately. Inadequate testing?
I've deployed this add-on to 3 production sites, 7 staging sites without any issues. So I'm a little baffled.

My add-ons tend to be quite complex, and fixing some bugs have caused a fair amount of code churn which can cause random breakage.

It is also a case of me not releasing significant feature updates in the last year or so. It is fairly common for feature updates to have a raft of bugfixes as the code is actually used at scale.

Like any programmer, I do not and can not write bug free code. But I definitely try to patch any bugs reported ASAP.

Last edited:
Xon updated ElasticSearch Essentials with a new update entry:

3.8.8 - Maintenance update

• Remove redundant join, as this add-on forces XFES to use caching provider if configured.
  • Do not fetch user activity records in similar thread block as these records are not used
  • Improvements to xf-rebuild:search-bulk;
    • Sort content types to index from least number of items to most, to get the most types done the quickest.
    • Allow multiple --content-type arguments to specify more than one content type to index

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hello, can you help me?
1. I can't show more than 5 results of autocomplete
2. As I understand search can work on conversations, how I can add it to index and maybe I can add conversation search in autocomplete?

Hello, can you help me?
1. I can't show more than 5 results of autocomplete
You want to change the "Auto complete results limit" option.

2. As I understand search can work on conversations, how I can add it to index and maybe I can add conversation search in autocomplete?
Install my Conversation Improvements add-on (it is free);

1. I already do that, but this still not work( I try default template and it not worked correctly, in my mind addon use default value..(
1627307006525.webp
1627307056764.webp

2. Thank you so much, it works in usually search page, but not work in autocomplete place (screenshot above)

And 1 more lil question, I think that search only in titles not work correcly, and that is may it be?

PS Thank you for support)

Conversations aren't integrated with autocomplete, as no one has paid for that feature.
Ok, thanks. How much it may cost?
And that about first question? Option in /admin.php?options/groups/elasticess/ "Auto complete results limit" doesn't work, where I can see in another place this option?

What templates drive the look of the suggested/similar content?
The template svElasticSearchEssentials_widget_similar_threads is the main entry point, which then uses svESE_macros::similar_threads, which then uses thread_list_macros::item for the core of the thread list item rendering.

Eventually is possible to add the option to search User Profiles and Forums related to a query?
It isn't currently planned.

How i can modify the template for Live-Search-Results? Which files/templates are responsible for this?

I would like to remove the avatar image.

The template svElasticSearchEssentials_user_auto_complete_icon renders the icon, but I think the javascript still expects an icon exists so you'll need to tweak some of the css

Top Bottom