ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 3.15.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
You can set the "exclude auto-complete" per forum, and by default it only uses the current forum or child forums for auto-complete/similar threads rather than "all forums"

I'm not sure it works as intended, as threads are showing related content from other nodes too, even though I set "Limit autocomplete results by" and "Limit similar threads results by" => This forum.

I think it might occur when, for example, you move a thread from Node A into Node B, but still, threads in Node A will keep showing the thread moved in Node B as similar thread. Hope it helps you reproducing the issue.

Also, what about the other request from my post? Do you think you might implement it? Sorting similar threads by tags would be a good addition in my opinion, as I teached my community to categorize each thread as much as possible by using Tags, and it would be great if we could use this in order to show more relevant similar threads at the end of their threads.

Thank you.

For those who want to sort threads mainly by tag or, if no tag is present, to sort them by title, you can use this small 'hack' by replacing the whole function "getKeywordsForSimilarContent" in the file /src/addons/SV/ElasticSearchEssentials/XF/Entity/Thread.php:

Code:
    public function getKeywordsForSimilarContent(): string
    {
        $text = "";
        if ($this->tags) {
            foreach($this->tags as $tag)
            {
                $text .= " $tag[tag]";
            }
        } else {
            $text .= $this->title;
        }
        return $text;
    }

Remember to rebuild your add-on after you apply this change. Hope it helps and I also hope the developer will consider implementing this in his next update :) I applied it right now after inspecting your add-on and now it's much better and threads are more relevant :)

@Xon

Do these node settings limit the autocomplete and similar threads results shown when people are viewing this node or does this limit whether or not the threads in this node appear in autocomplete and similar threads results in other nodes on the site?

View attachment 249660
It applies to when viewing the node, and as a consequence when viewing other nodes.

If the node is "this forum and any child forums" then threads for that node doesn't show up when viewing from a sibling node.
If the node is "all" then threads for that node does show up when viewing from a sibling node.
If the node is "exclude" then threads for that node never shows up.

This is a fairly powerful feature, and is honestly a little over-kill for most.

I'm hopeful I'll be able to restore my various sites soon.

It applies to when viewing the node, and as a consequence when viewing other nodes.

If the node is "this forum and any child forums" then threads for that node doesn't show up when viewing from a sibling node.
If the node is "all" then threads for that node does show up when viewing from a sibling node.
If the node is "exclude" then threads for that node never shows up.

This is a fairly powerful feature, and is honestly a little over-kill for most.

Thanks Xon, I intend to make full use of this :)

Good luck on your server issues :(

Reactions: Xon
The date limit in Widget "ESE: Similar threads" does not seem to work.
I set it at 90 days, but the widget displays much older threads.

1618398718364.webp

@Mr. Jinx

Is this for XF2.1 or XF2.2?
Can you report what the "search DSL" for the similar thread query is?

Todo this;
  • ensure you have "Search Improvements" installed
  • Revoke the "[ESE] Use similar threads (View Thread)" for users, but grant it to yourself.
  • enable "Log search DSL".
  • For the similar thread widget; set the "cache time" to 0
  • Visit a thread, find that thread in XenForo's error log
  • Revert changes; disable lo Log search DSL", set cache time back (300s is the default), and reset the "[ESE] Use similar threads (View Thread)" permission
Technically you don't need the "[ESE] Use similar threads (View Thread)" permission changes, but this may be too verbose.

@Xon a suggested feature for this addon could be "Forum suggestion" for example, if i need to post something related to Bitcoin and i dont know where i can search "Bitcoin" and based on Forum Name and Forum Description you will see something like "Suggested Forums for this search" and then under that the threads.

Xon updated ElasticSearch Essentials with a new update entry:

3.7.0 - Feature update

• Fix "Display to mobile users" in similar thread widget being in-effective
  • Fix that extended Enhanced search - Index configuration options did not apply on initial configuration
  • Fix installer upgrade path migrating similar thread widget options (Applies for pre-v3.6.x upgrades), please check similar thread widget options.
  • Improve php cmd.php xf-rebuild:search-bulk to implement multi-threaded indexing for all search types
  • Add options for "Exact text search...

Read the rest of this update entry...

@Xon - Running XF2.2, trying to install this and get the following error:
Could not process addon-Xon-ElasticSearchEssentials-3.7.1.zip: The following requirements for ElasticSearch Essentials were not met: ElasticSearch Essentials requires Browser Detection 2.0.0+.
I have the standardlib installed, modess and useress installed. Not sure what's up here man?

@Xon - Running XF2.2, trying to install this and get the following error:

I have the standardlib installed, modess and useress installed. Not sure what's up here man?
You have to have two separate add-ons installed - one being XON's free Browser detection, and the other one is the Standard Lib.

Reactions: Xon
The type mapping is a descriptive list of why the "optimize" button will by showing up.

Until you click optimize, have it delete the search index, and then re-index a bunch of the add-ons features will not work.

Hi @Xon , just bought and installed this add-on on my test server. Sweet add-on!

One question so far: The option "Replace Enhanced Search 2.2's suggest threads implementation" doesn't seem to work. With that option enabled, 2 similar suggestion widgets are shown in threads ;)

I have to manually disable the default widget to only show the ESE widget.

Top Bottom