ElasticSearch Essentials

ElasticSearch Essentials [Paid] 3.15.12

No permission to buy ($30.00)
I'm having a little issue.

Similar Threads is showing up twice in threads..
It's doing this on all themes including the untouched default.

I found this is caused by the addon
addon-Xon-ElasticSearchEssentials-3.8.9

Before installing it, I had previously had checked all the node boxes - show similar threads under every node.
Was I suppose to go uncheck them in every node before using essentials addon?

Forums - Nodes - Advanced options - Display similar threads suggestions when creating new threads in this forum (I dont remember if this is native or addon)

Then I installed
  • XF Enhanced Search, elastic, Java.
  • SV-StandardLib-1.8.0
  • addon-Xon-BrowserDetection-2.2.0
  • addon-Xon-SearchImprovements-2.4.6
  • addon-Xon-ElasticSearchEssentials-3.8.9

But now this essentials addon, adds this to the Enhanced Search options:
  • Enable similar threads widget
  • Search for similar threads when users are creating new threads
Both remains checked, even after unchecking/save, they wont uncheck.

The only way to fix this so to show only 1 set of similar threads is to uncheck in every node the
Forums - Nodes - Advanced options - Display similar threads suggestions when creating new threads in this forum

Last edited:
You can resolve this by disabling the default XFES similar thread widget. The ElasticSearch Essentials similar thread widget has a bunch more options exposed.

You can resolve this by disabling the default XFES similar thread widget. The ElasticSearch Essentials similar thread widget has a bunch more options exposed.

Hey Xon,

Ya if you're talking about this, when I uncheck it and click save. It rechecks itself on.

Attachments

• widget.webp
    widget.webp
    27.9 KB · Views: 8
I posted about this problem in Elastic Search Improvements but I realized when looking further that I was not up to date on several addons, including Elastic Search Essentials. I updated all of the ddons from Atelier Aphelion and thebuilt the search index after first checking all the data types.

Unfortunately that did not help much. The error now is being thrown every 10seconds instead of every 4 to 5 minutes.

I presume I have done something wrong. It is possibly in my Elasticsearch setup which I redid about a week ago.

Code:
[LIST]
[*]rrorException: {"docvalue_fields":["discussion_id","user","date"],"_source":false,"size":6,"query":{"bool":{"must":{"multi_match":{"type":"most_fields","query":"from the collection: hughes aircraft co. 1970s led timeulator calculator watch","operator":"or","fields":["title","elasticess_title"]}},"filter":[{"term":{"type":"thread"}},{"term":{"node":18}}],"must_not":[{"exists":{"field":"hidden"}},{"term":{"thread":137527}},{"terms":{"node":[281,26,282,27,283,231,349,354,357,352,351,350,345,348,346,347,362,353,359,361,360,344,355,356,358,375,284,371,317,47,437,423,473,417,418,419,424,428,433,415,414,24,43,36,292,380,373,39,266,289,290,291,34,381,408,409]}}]}}}
[*]src/XF/Error.php:75
[*]Generated by: Unknown account
[*]Sep 2, 2021 at 4:04 PM
[/LIST]
[HEADING=2]Stack trace[/HEADING]
#0 src/XF.php(184): XF\Error->logError('{"docvalue_fiel...', false)
#1 src/addons/SV/SearchImprovements/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php(26): XF::logError('{"docvalue_fiel...')
#2 src/addons/XFES/Search/Source/Elasticsearch.php(153): SV\SearchImprovements\XFES\Elasticsearch\Api->search(Array)
#3 src/addons/SV/ElasticSearchEssentials/XFES/Search/Source/Elasticsearch.php(381): XFES\Search\Source\Elasticsearch->search(Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Search\Query\Query), 6)
#4 src/XF/Search/Search.php(175): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XFES\Search\Source\Elasticsearch->search(Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Search\Query\Query), 6)
#5 src/addons/SV/ElasticSearchEssentials/Service/AutoCompleter.php(502): XF\Search\Search->search(Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Search\Query\Query), 6, true)
#6 src/addons/SV/ElasticSearchEssentials/Service/SimilarContentFinder.php(320): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\Service\AutoCompleter->getResults()
#7 src/addons/SV/ElasticSearchEssentials/ControllerPlugin/SimilarContent.php(48): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\Service\SimilarContentFinder->getSimilarContents()
#8 src/addons/SV/ElasticSearchEssentials/XF/Pub/Controller/Thread.php(30): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\ControllerPlugin\SimilarContent->addSimilarContent(Object(XF\Mvc\Reply\View), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Entity\Forum), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Entity\Thread), 'svSimilarThread...')
#9 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(350): SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread->actionIndex(Object(XF\Mvc\ParameterBag))
#10 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(257): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchClass('XF:Thread', 'Index', Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#11 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(113): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchFromMatch(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch), Object(SV\ElasticSearchEssentials\XF\Pub\Controller\Thread), NULL)
#12 src/XF/Mvc/Dispatcher.php(55): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->dispatchLoop(Object(XF\Mvc\RouteMatch))
#13 src/XF/App.php(2191): XF\Mvc\Dispatcher->run()
#14 src/XF.php(391): XF\App->run()
#15 index.php(20): XF::runApp('XF\\Pub\\App')
#16 {main}
[HEADING=2]Request state[/HEADING]
array(4) {
  ["url"] => string(93) "/threads/from-the-collection-hughes-aircraft-co-1970s-led-timeulator-calculator-watch.137527/"
  ["referrer"] => bool(false)
  ["_GET"] => array(0) {
  }
  ["_POST"] => array(0) {
  }
}

This is literally a feature of Search Improvements. It looks like someone has enabled the "Log search DSL" option. Which is not enabled by default for exactly this reason.

@Xon, do you think that this might be a future possibility? I realize we'd have to install a plugin to ElasticSearch on the server (which I can do easily), but I feel that it would drastically improve results, given how many poor spellers we have on the Internet. Synonym support is something else I might be interested in, but haven't looked into it.

So "Search only containers" will search thread title, conversation title, etc. (because they do not have body) and would not search posts at all?
Trying to understand this too. Searching a "thread" does not search the message body of posts within that thread? And would searching without clicking "search only containers" not search the message body of conversation posts?

So "Search only containers" will search thread title, conversation title, etc. (because they do not have body) and would not search posts at all?
It searches the first post, and thread/conversation title. But not the rest of the posts.

Trying to understand this too. Searching a "thread" does not search the message body of posts within that thread? And would searching without clicking "search only containers" not search the message body of conversation posts?
Searching just a thread and "Search only containers" would result in only searching the first post.

@Xon, do you think that this might be a future possibility? I realize we'd have to install a plugin to ElasticSearch on the server (which I can do easily), but I feel that it would drastically improve results, given how many poor spellers we have on the Internet. Synonym support is something else I might be interested in, but haven't looked into it.

ElasticSearch naturally does minor linguistically diffs when searching which helps. I just haven't had time to try for something like phonetic search, and synonym support requires an external list to be loaded which makes it challenging to implement as an add-on.

Guys, did your autocomplete worked on latest version 3.8.9 ? Anyone?
It is working on my own sites;

And I'm aware it working on a number of other sites that I do sysadmin work for.

ElasticSearch naturally does minor linguistically diffs when searching which helps. I just haven't had time to try for something like phonetic search, and synonym support requires an external list to be loaded which makes it challenging to implement as an add-on.

I need to look more into how these work. Phonetic search might require new data to be saved (such as a Metaphone string, or whatever method is used by the ES plugin on the server). For synonyms, I wonder if it is something we could configure and add to ES without even needing XF or your addon to make use of. Although XF couldn't highlight the synonyms when the results were returned.

Fingers crossed for future improvements. 👍

Code:
XFES\Elasticsearch\RequestException: Elasticsearch error: [simple_query_string] unsupported field [quote_field_suffix] src/addons/XFES/Elasticsearch/Api.php:424

Anyone have any idea what is going on?
Yes, I know the ES version 2.4.6 is not really up to date :)
Just changed to version 5. Same error.

Top Bottom