XF 1.2 Editor Laggy In Safari

Michael

One of my members is complaining that the editor is taking ages to load as he types in Safari for him to the point that is almost unusable, it is seemingly laggy as he types. Any ideas on what this could be?

Thank you.

I assume you have tried using Safari from your own computer and it works fine.

Ask your member to try another computer using Safari to determine if it's a software issue on his one computer.

I assume you have tried using Safari from your own computer and it works fine.

Ask your member to try another computer using Safari to determine if it's a software issue on his one computer.

Thank you, I tried Safari on my PC and its working as normal for me. On his ipad its ios6 and on his ipod touch its ios5, he has said that when using the ipod touch it is more more responsive although still a little laggy when typing.

Do you have animated smilies by any chance?

I've noticed on CycleChat if I open the smiley panel and leave it open, it slows the response from the editor when I'm typing (this is on an iPad Mini).

His isnt open, he is using Chrome now instead but he is having another problem, the editor is dropping to the bottom of the screen when he is typing with it landscape and he cannot see what he is typing then, I do have responsive design disabled at present, I am not sure if that would affect it.

Michael, please send me a link to your website with a username and password. I can try the editor on my iPad 4 to see if the editor loads quickly or not.

Top Bottom