Third party Editor formatting issue when using keyboard shortcuts

DragonByte Tech

Affected version
If I use Ctrl+B (or I / U) to start formatting, then Ctrl+B (or I / U) to end, then immediately hit the space bar, the formatting comes back.

It works fine when clicking the editor buttons, but not when doing it via the keyboard.

Video demo:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

This makes using the editor incredibly frustrating (and yes I did manually click the button to do the italics there).

Fillip

As an update to this, I can't seem to reproduce it in Safari 11.0.3 on macOS 10.13.3. It also appears to work fine in the latest release version of Chrome for Mac.

In short, this appears to be a Windows-only issue.

Fillip

If you could test this on Froala's website that'd be appreciated. That will tell us whether it's an us problem or a them problem.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Glorious 360p at the time of typing this, but it does appear to be a bug in Froala itself.

(Also boo you made me boot up Windows again! :P)

Fillip

I can't believe you made me boot Windows after I said all those nice things about you in that thread in the Off Topic forum as well. You swine :(

I commented with a couple demos of this still in action, although it seems to be much less prevalent than before.

Fillip

Still happening under the following circumstances:
  • Apply two or more text formats, type, remove them both with keyboard shortcuts. After the first letter, one of the two buttons will light up again and stay selected. Typing a letter will unselect the button again, but if I actually wanted the formatting to apply, I'd had to deselect it and reselect it first. https://gfycat.com/FemaleDisguisedHarborseal
I'll report that to the froala bug ticket as well.

Our hands are sort of tied on this one. Froala are refusing to acknowledge it as a significant issue so there are no plans for this to be resolved as it stands.

Top Bottom