Editing xenforo-ui-sprite.png in PhotoShop

Dad.

Hello all!

I have a strange transparency problem in Photoshop when trying to open the xenforo-ui-sprite.png file.

Attached is the preview of the xenforo-ui-sprite.png as I see it (zoomed in) inside of Photoshop. I encountered this error for the XenForo logo (after downloading the one at this site, top left) when I tried bringing it into Photoshop too months ago but found another one so I just ignored the error. Apparently, SOME of the transparency is being ignored regardless of how I import the file (File > Open, Place..., etc., changing the Mode)

I searched around and didn't find anything on this, so it must be my Photoshop settings or something. I have worked in photoshop for years and never encountered something like this. Is anyone else getting this?

A quick fix would be a GDK, but I do not think there is one available. In fact, if this issue can be fixed I can probably whip one up myself.

Thanks,
Mike

Attachments

• sprite-issue.webp
    sprite-issue.webp
    11.5 KB · Views: 20
Hmm, I don't have the same problem your having. I open it and it is the same size complete with transparency there. I did take notice it uses "index" and not RGB when opened if you look at image format used, but that happens with GIF images and you have to switch it to RGB to work with them proper before saving again.

Anyway, I just opened that file and saved it as a PSD below. Test it and see what happens.

Attachments

Thanks for going through all the trouble! Still happening though. Very strange, I have no idea what it is. My first thought was channels or mode, but I've tried a few things without success.

Steve, thanks that worked! To be honest, I don't quite understand what the difference is, could you explain it to me please?

ETA: Is there a 24-bit version of the logo?

Top Bottom