1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.3 Editing each tab to add title

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by emmy, May 13, 2014.

1. emmy

emmy Active Member

Hello ,

I have been running around the ACP and looking for where i can edit to add titles to each page/tab
    Different title to each page or same
    e.g Home, forums, members etc
    Any advise will be appreciated

Thank you

2. Brogan

Brogan XenForo Moderator Staff Member

Those pages already have titles.

Edit the phrases if you want to change them.

3. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thanks Brogan - I think i was meant to say description instead of title - for example - having a description to the forums so that when you click on forums from the header you'll see the description of that page. Below shot you see the description that says Technology Hub - Technology News, Discussion and Support

upload_2014-5-13_13-42-15.png

4. Brogan

That's a browser tab, isn't it?

It already does that:

upload_2014-5-13_19-46-15.png

5. emmy

emmy Active Member

Yes, that is a browser tab - but i need to add a description to each tab so that when you click on each tab - you will see the description instead of just the name of the browser tabe

e.g Forum - Place to share your interests

6. Brogan

Edit the phrases.

7. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Maybe im reading this wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but i think hes inquiring about adding a tooltip? That being said id be interested in knowing how one describes some of the most self descriptive terms in all the www.

8. emmy

emmy Active Member

Fred/ Brogan - I don't really know what that is called - But i want to place different description on each browser tabs so that when you click on that tab, it will display that tab name and its description(s). I have checked inside phrases and unable to find out where to edit/add it

Thank you

9. FredC

FredC Well-Known Member

Yup i misunderstood.. Although i know what your talking about now i dont know how to achieve what your looking for.

10. Brogan

As I keep saying, the browser tab title comes from the page H1 in most cases.

Edit the phrases and it will update accordingly.

Amaury likes this.
  11. emmy

emmy Active Member

Thank you Brogan - this is not working out for me. I needed to add a description or title description to each browser tabs - not changing them . I tried it and it changed it entirely

12. Brogan

I don't know what it is you are trying to do.

13. emmy

emmy Active Member

I hope you don't mind - pointing you to a site to view?

Visit DNforum.com to mention an example, you see that each browser tab when click has more description "The place to buy, sell and talk domains"

That is exactly what i needed to achieve in each browser tabs

Thank you for your patience

14. Brogan

15. emmy

emmy Active Member

That is it...if you click on other browser tabs too, you see the same description and the name of that tab

16. Tracy Perry

Tracy Perry Well-Known Member

Not really sure what you are trying to do. As I go to different areas the browser tab changes.
    Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 5.49.25 PM.png Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 5.49.39 PM.png

17. emmy

emmy Active Member

Perry - when you click on "home" on dnforum, point/move your cursor to the browser tab that's open - what description do you read?

That is what i am trying to achieve

18. Tracy Perry

None on Safari. :)

In Chrome Screen Shot 2014-05-13 at 6.06.03 PM.png

Pretty much the same in FireFox (can't get a screen capture of it as when I CMD-SHFT-4 it disappears).

19. emmy

emmy Active Member

Yeah - that is what i am talking ..how do i add that description to each browser tab? It says "dnforum - The Place to Buy, Sell and Talk Domains"

How do i add the 'title" ?

20. Tracy Perry

As @Brogan said.. it usually comes from the H1.

Amaury likes this.