1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.1 Edit Poll Permission?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting and Problems' started by Gleedo, Aug 22, 2012.

1. Gleedo

Gleedo Active Member

Can anyone point me in the right direction on this...

I as an Administrator can edit polls, poll choices etc, but other groups can not edit those options. I can't see any obvious permission that looks like it might enable/disable that ability.

Any help appreciated. I am preparing to be shamed as I'm sure it's obvious when you know how :oops:
  2. Jake Bunce

Jake Bunce XenForo Moderator Staff Member

That falls under the Manage (move, merge, etc.) thread by anyone permission which can be set for groups or individual moderators.
  3. Gleedo

Gleedo Active Member

Thank you sir :)
  4. aisling

aisling Member

I hope I'm not hijacking someone else's thread, and since the question the OP had seemed to have already been answered, I thought I would use this existing thread to ask if there a way to edit the # of poll options?
  5. Gleedo

Gleedo Active Member

If you have correctly set the permissions as in the 2nd post in this thread, you "should" see an 'edit' link to the right of the poll question/just above the number of votes cast etc.

Click that and you can edit your poll options :)
  6. aisling

aisling Member

^ thanks, but there seems to be a limit of 10 options? I was wondering if there was a way to have or add more options beyond the ten.

IOW, some way in the admin panel to let people specify more than ten when they set up a poll.
  7. Gleedo

Gleedo Active Member

> Options
    > Threads, Dicussions, and Conversations
    > Maximum Number of Poll choices
    Jake Bunce likes this.