Easy User Ban 2 by Siropu

Easy User Ban 2 by Siropu [Paid] 2.1.2

No permission to buy (€19.99)
@Siropu I have one more development improvement request, Please can you add features option for Collapse banned user posts? Hide banned user's post. The post will not be visible to other members and visitors without expand.

TjiuP4s.webp

@Siropu Please can you add functionality can ban user from Thread and Forum? Temporary and Permanent ban user from thread and forum, so kick user from thread and forum for 1 hour to 12 or day for Temporary. Ban user show in separate tab.

View attachment 179406
@Siropu How can reset Ban counts? Have not find out ban count field in admin CP from edit user. Do you have option for This?

@Siropu Please do you have any update for this functionality?

Bought this add-on and it seems one option doesn't work correctly.

I entered a forum, a user ID and thread ID. User ID and forum works but the log isn't appearing in the thread I specified. Instead, there are threads created in the forum I specified so it seems the Thread ID is ignored.

Schermafbeelding 2019-12-26 om 12.58.11.png

That's expected because the Forum option has priority over the Thread option so unset it if you want them to be posted in the thread.

@Siropu I think there may be a bug with the pre-defined "Ban reason options" in this add-on. When filling in the ban form and choosing a pre-defined reason, a validation error appears saying a reason must be given. The reason text field is blank. When a custom reason is put in that field, the validation passes and the ban is saved, but the pre-defined reason is ignored.

Thanks.

I cannot reproduce it. I have tested it with Chrome and Firefox and it works fine for me.

Thanks for checking. I think the bug is a little more subtle than what I first thought.

To recreate what I'm seeing try the following:

• Enable "Require ban reason" option in the Admin CP
  • Set some pre-defined reasons
  • Submit a ban form with a pre-defined reason selected
  • You should see a validation error stating a reason must be provided for the ban

This screen recording goes illustrates the above:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It looks like when the option "Require ban reason" (siropuEasyUserBanRequireReason) is enabled, the reason text field must be filled in, regardless of whether a pre-defined option is chosen or not. Furthermore, when I disable "Require ban reason" and then ban with a pre-defined reason, that reason does not show up in the record of the ban. The pre-defined reason appears to be ignored.

Looking at the add-on code, the pre-defined reasons radio button field name is reason. I can't see a reference to that field in the controller / service classes that create the ban. I only see references to ban_reason which is the name of the custom reason text field.

Hope that makes sense.

When you click on a predefined reason, it should insert it in the textbox below. Are there any errors in the browser console?

Ah ok, that's the problem. I'm only seeing the bug in my local development environment which requests /js/siropu/eub/moderator.js and returns a 404.

I'm seeing this 404 because I've got $config['development']['fullJs'] = true; set in my config.php. This ignores the min="1" attribute when loading JS and loads the un-minified JS files (i.e. /js/siropu/eub/moderator.js).

Would it be worth including the un-minified version of moderator.min.js in the add-on? Typically other add-ons (and XF core) do this.

Thanks again for your help.

I'm astounded this isn't a more popular add-on. I'm yet to install or use it fully (new forum setup), but some of the functionality is brilliant from the sounds of it!.

I just have to ensure it doesn't clash with any other addons (or default ban options) but will report back if it does.

Hi @Siropu,

Few questions about this add-on since I've been testing it today.

1. Is there a way this can be integrated into the Warning System? E.G Warn the user AND ban them accordingly? That way a ban and warning tie in together.

2. Is there any chance of adding a list under the users profile (or elsewhere) when they are banned? Unless I'm missing something there's no easy way to be notified when users are banned (except reporting it to a thread).

1588662282658.webp

3. I just bugged it out in testing trying to ban for 99999 or 9999 months (I realise this is never likely to happen aka banning for 830 years LOL) but it brings up this error:
1588663783449.webp

Thanks in advance :)

Thanks for the prompt reply @Siropu

The native XF warn system has the option to ban already.
Unless I'm mistaken, by default the warning system only allows you to allocate points (rather than banning for "x" hours/days/weeks/months).

Ideally I'd prefer to do away with points completely and just have Warnings for Warnings, and Bans following warnings.

How I've seen it used in the past is you warn and ban at same time, and the warning remains as a log that the user was banned.

Maybe it was just that setup though. It's not a massive problem if the below is possible (as that creates a permanent log the user was banned and what for).

Under the "Members" navigation tab there are two links: "Banned members" and "Manage bans" where you can see all the details.
Sorry I meant historical bans. Once a user is unbanned they disappear from that section.

As such the only way to determine the details of that persons ban, is going back to the thread created when they got banned.

What I was hoping for is that moderators could see users historical bans (and ban reasons), at a glance of a users profile.

That way they can see not just the number of bans a user has had, but if they have past form for similar bans.

Hope that makes sense!

Unless I'm mistaken, by default the warning system only allows you to allocate points (rather than banning for "x" hours/days/weeks/months).
It also allows you to ban based on x number of points.

Sorry I meant historical bans. Once a user is unbanned they disappear from that section.
You can see that under "Moderation log" in "Manage bans" page.

Ahhh okay... Might have been another addon they were using, but it allowed you to ban by specific periods on the warning page.

You can see that under "Moderation log" in "Manage bans" page.
Gotcha! So the only thing it doesn't show is the content (i.e thread/post). Should be usable like that anyway, and I like that Easy User Ban compliments rather than replaces the default ban functions :)

Would be nice if it was neatly under the user profile alongside Warnings, but if its not possible it's not a huge issue.

Top Bottom