1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

XF 1.2 Easier way of Changing Phrase

Discussion in 'XenForo Questions and Support' started by Dante_B, Oct 29, 2013.

1. Dante_B

Dante_B Active Member

I want to Change the word, "Members" to "Collectors". Searching for this phrase, it's obvious it will return with a lot of results. Question is, is there an easier way of changing this word without doing it one by one?

Thanks in advance!

2. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Which instance of "Members"?

3. Dante_B

Dante_B Active Member

The Phrases? When i searched the word "Members" i want it all changed to "Collectors"

4. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

No, I mean, since there are several instances of "Member" or "Members," which instances do you want to change?

Dante_B likes this.
  5. Dante_B

Dante_B Active Member

I would like to change both. I have a Sneaker Community and we are all Collectors. So instead of calling them Members i would like it all changed to Collectors.

6. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

So you want to change every instance of "Member" and "Members" to "Collector" and "Collectors," then, right?

Dante_B likes this.
  7. Dante_B

Dante_B Active Member

Yes sir! :)

8. Amaury

Amaury Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, you will have to do them individually.

If you want to do them all at once, you'll need a resource. I'm not sure if one exists.

9. Jeremy

Jeremy XenForo Moderator Staff Member

If you don't want to do them manually, you could export the language, change the text manually in the .xml and import it as a new language. However, the recommended way is to edit them in the ACP.

Dante_B and Amaury like this.