[EAE Add-ons] Quick Message [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

[EAE Add-ons] Quick Message - Allow your members to send a quick message to another member.

Conversations are a great means for members to privately communicate with other members. However, if a member wants to send a simple message to one other member, conversations can then become cumbersome and time consuming, and depending on the settings more members may end up joining in. The quick message add-on does what it's title says: send a simple message to one recipient, quickly. Members can send a message to another member from any XenForo page, without leaving that page; hover over...

Read more about this resource...

@Lawrence Does this support admin can view all message? Quick message send log.

The only thing logged is the IP of the sender. As messages are not intended to be around for long I didn't see a reason for Admins or Moderators to view them all. I may add that for the next release if there is enough interest in it. For now, members can report any message they receive that they feel is inappropriate, and those who have access to the report centre can view it there.

Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Quick Message with a new update entry:

New feature, minor changes

Changes:
  • Added an option to use the fa-icon or text for the quick message link when viewing a members profile. Defaulted to fa-icon.
Features:
  • Added an option to add the quick message link to the message user info column. Choose between fa-icon or text. Defaulted to fa-icon.
  • Added an option to select which fa-icon to use for the profile page and message user info block (postbit) to match your site's niche and style. Examples: fa-bolt (lightening...

Read the rest of this update entry...

v1.2 is now installed on my site (you will need to register to see it in operation, unfortunately). Features include:

• style property option to display the send quick message link beside the user name in the message user info block.
  • option to display all messages above or below the conversation list. A collapsible header is used to keep the message list from pushing the conversation list out of view when filtering.
  • option to add the quick message link to the page action section. This allows the quick message centre overlay to be opened on any page with a single click.

Also a fix for mobile users.

I'll be releasing 1.2 after more testing is done, :)

Stay safe all.

conversation_list_1.pngconversation_list_2.pngforum_home.pngmessage_user_info.png

@Lawrence Excellent development improvement updated ! I like to have functionality admin can view all message with Quick message send log. Also add option can be set Quick message send to Approval queue for Moderation and can set force read Quick message with permission ! Please ... 🙏

Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Quick Message with a new update entry:

New features

Added features:
  • the send a quick message to a user from the message user info block now supports placing the icon beside the user name.
  • option added to display the list of all quick messages sent and received above or below the conversation list. This can be turned off.
  • option added to have the quick message centre link to be displayed at the top of most pages. This uses the fa-icon only. Members can now view/send quick messages from just about anywhere.
Bug...

Read the rest of this update entry...

I have been eyeing this addon since I purchased your Thread Count a few months ago @Lawrence and finally bought it today! I am running it on a forum for product support and my only concern is people using it to ask me questions (which I will have to discourage), but otherwise I think it will overall be a useful addition to my site. Works great on XF2.2 RC1 so far too.

EDIT: the only issue I have found so far is a blank toolbar as shown below.

Screen Shot 2020-09-17 at 1.15.05 PM.webp

Last edited:
I have been eyeing this addon since I purchased your Thread Count a few months ago @Lawrence and finally bought it today! I am running it on a forum for product support and my only concern is people using it to ask me questions (which I will have to discourage), but otherwise I think it will overall be a useful addition to my site. Works great on XF2.2 RC1 so far too.

EDIT: the only issue I have found so far is a blank toolbar as shown below.

View attachment 235258

Good day @Pandemix , and thank-you.

I'm running this on XF2.2 RC1, and do not have the tool bar issue. Have you set the permissions? I see you have 0 printable characters shown, and 0 lines, these are set by the quick message permissions. On install, they should be set to 255 characters and 5 lines, for the registered user group.

Good day @Pandemix , and thank-you.

I'm running this on XF2.2 RC1, and do not have the tool bar issue. Have you set the permissions? I see you have 0 printable characters shown, and 0 lines, these are set by the quick message permissions. On install, they should be set to 255 characters and 5 lines, for the registered user group.

Thank you for the reply, I tend to forget about user permissions and assume things will mostly work out of the box. Fixed, great addon!

Thank you for the reply, I tend to forget about user permissions and assume things will mostly work out of the box. Fixed, great addon!

Thank-you, :) I just checked the setup file, the permissions are set to be applied to usergroup 2 on install. I'll keep a note on it though.

Any reason for limiting quick messages to one recipient?

This was my original thought on how I wanted the quick message add-on to work. If more than one recipient, it would best be done via a personal conversation.

"Hey, Bob, let's see if you can top what I just posted!" It's a simple message to get Bob's attention, but not worthy enough to start a conversation over, :)

This resource has been removed and is no longer available. The following reason was provided:
This resource has been deleted by XenForo Ltd. in line with our resource housekeeping criteria.

Top Bottom