Add-on Quick Message add-on

Lawrence

I just finished an add-on that allows members to fire off a quick message to another member. I'm not quite ready to release it here yet as I want to go over the code again and re-do some permission checks in templates and the files. While doing that I am leaning towards adding in an editor so basic bbcode can be used (permission based of course).

If you have any suggestions (small-ish ones) I may add it into the add-on, if I think it fits, and it is not time-consuming.

The add-on is installed on my site, feel free to join and try it out. You can read about the add-on, and see some screen shots there. Quick message

I suggest the editor that is used in a quick reply so people can include smilies, links, etc. As well if you do that, I suggest not counting anything in the url tag toward the 255 character limit.

I suggest the editor that is used in a quick reply so people can include smilies, links, etc. As well if you do that, I suggest not counting anything in the url tag toward the 255 character limit.

Thank you for the reply, and re-affirming that I should use the editor, :)

Here is a screenshot with BbCode, the printable character limit, which is now permission based, is implemented.

bbcode-message.webp

The re-written version is now installed at my site, but registration is required to test it out (obviously, :rolleyes:). I'll be releasing it, hopefully in a day or two.

Top Bottom