[EAE Add-ons] Conversation Tools [Deleted]

Lawrence

Lawrence submitted a new resource:

[EAE Add-ons] Conversation Tools - Administrators can view and delete user conversations and batch prune conversations within the Admin

This add-on allows admins with the proper permission to view and delete user conversations and batch prune conversations within the administrator control panel. This add-on is useful in a number of ways: to better understand a reported conversation message as you can follow the flow of the conversation, find old in-active conversations that are just taking up space, or to find and remove spam conversations, to name a few.

Options->Admin control panel:
  • Change view attachment...

Read more about this resource...

Here is what's coming in v1.1. I'm still testing it, and debugging and will release it when I'm confident in it's stability, hopefully not to far away.

Added features:

Permissions:

EAE Conversation tools permissions:
  • delete own started conversations (only when viewing a conversation)
  • time limit to delete own conversations (minutes)
  • maximum started conversations per 24 hrs (session based)
  • can use blind carbon copy

Conversation moderator permissions:
  • EAE Always invite blind carbon copy participants to conversations (default allow for admins)
  • EAE Can view all blind carbon copied recipients (default allow for admins)
  • EAE Can view user conversations (default allow for admins). This is from the front end, and does not increase downloaded file views.

Options:

Setup->Options->EAE Conversation Tools:
  • display message when member reached their maximum started conversations for the day
  • use custom message set by the admin to be used when displaying a message, over-riding the default message
  • select which members can be blind carbon copied: anyone, administrators, or administrators and moderators
  • setting for maximum number of blind carbon copied recipients

Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Conversation Tools with a new update entry:

Bug fix and added features

Bug fix:
  • fixed a bug when searching for a conversation by a deleted member from the adminCP that threw a non-object error
Features:

Delete own conversation

• the conversation starter can now delete a conversation when viewing it
  • there is a time limit, in minutes, to delete a conversation
Limit the number of conversations started within a shifting 24 hour period
  • session based, to save a query on most pages, and two queries...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can you please add an option to kick members from Conversation?
Thanks!

I'll add this for my next release. How would you like it implemented, should only the conversation starter kick members, or basically anyone in the conversation? Admins and mods that are part of the conversation would be able to kick members out as well.

Reactions: rdn
Incompatibility issue with PHP 7.4.0
Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/XF/Entity/User.php:13

I'll disable this addon for the meantime.

Incompatibility issue with PHP 7.4.0
Code:
ErrorException: [E_NOTICE] Trying to access array offset on value of type null src/addons/EAEAddons/ConversationTools/XF/Entity/User.php:13

I'll disable this addon for the meantime.

Thank-you for reporting this, @rdn

I do not have 7.4 installed as of yet, so I can't test the possible fix I have for it. I will PC you the fix, if you do not mind giving it a try. From my limited testing it should work.

@rdn attached is the fix for the 7.4 compatibility issue. I've tested it with no further issues. Unzip and upload the contents of the upload directory as normal. There will be a file health check warning after the upload, but it can be ignored until v1.2 is released, which hopefully will not be that long.

Attachments

Bug? With this addon enabled "Guest can download attachment" but it should not as per my permission settings.
With this addon disabled, it work as expected and present login page for Guest.

Thanks!

Bug? With this addon enabled "Guest can download attachment" but it should not as per my permission settings.
With this addon disabled, it work as expected and present login page for Guest.

Thanks!

This was definitely unexpected, but fixed for v1.2. Thanks for reporting it. v1.2 should be released today or tomorrow, :)

• Love
Lawrence updated [EAE Add-ons] Conversation Tools with a new update entry:

Bug fixes, wording changes, and new features added.

Bug fixes:
  • fixed a PHP 7.4 compatibility bug (trying to access array offset on value of type null)
  • fixed an unexpected bug that would allow unregistered visitors to download attachments when they did not have the permission to
Thanks to @rdn for reporting both bugs.

Wording changes:
  • re-worded a couple of options to be more clear/concise

Added features:
  • added a can join user conversation permission to...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Can I set up this tool so that only super moderators have access to other users conversations?

Hi. If your super moderators have their own group, then set [EAE] Can view user conversations for the moderating group to No, and set it to Yes for the group for your super moderators. If you do not have a group for your super moderators, then select User permissions and set that permission to Yes for each super moderator.

Top Bottom